Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

Install problem

Guest tmond

I run my exe to install a aircraft. the aircraft file shows it's in there but when I go to create a flight it's not there. I hv rebooted,shut down computer but the aircraft is not in the create a flight list.Anybody help? Tim :-)

Can you tell us what the downloaded file name is and where you got it?It will be easier to try to help if one of us can duplicate your problem.I suspect the aircraft in question is meant to be an AI aircraft and the .air file has it set to not display on your aircraft menu. That is only a guess without seeing the actual download.

Guest tmond

It's Piper Cheyenne that I bought from Simmarket.installer is........AS_CHEYENNE_UPD_330.EXE

Payware - then can't duplicate your problem -However I would get - aired152_update806.zip - here at Avsim and use it to open the .air file of this aircraft.Check line 105 and see if the value is set at 0 or 2.If set at 2, it will not display in your aircraft menu.Change it to 0 (zero) and save your work. It should then display for you.If that is not the problem then I am out of ideas.

By the file name I would think that you have an update that requires the original plane, which you may not have.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I would agree - did not notice the UPD in the file name before.Check back with the folks you bought it from.

Guest tmond

Yes, You guys are right. This is a later release. First EXE is 320.I'll go back......delete this entry and download 320 first & then 330. Will let you guys know.Thanks:-) Tim

Guest tmond

I still have the same problem with this aircraft. Line 105 reads 0I'm not hvg any problems installing other exe aircraft files.This one I uninstalled and downloaded 320,then 330. same problem!!!!!WAAaaa.

Assuming you have a "complete" installation (a model folder, texture folder(s), sound folder, .air file, aircraft.cfg file etc) for that sircraft. and assuming you have read the documentation, which I am sure the aircraft package included...........Is it possible you are looking for the aircraft under the wrong manufacture's name?Using notepad, open the aircraft.cfg file for that aircraft and see what it says on this line - ui_manufacturer= ???I have done somewhat the same thing - thought the aircraft was built by a different company than the one shown on this line. If the line is empty then it will show up under "unspecified".Might be worth checking.TIP:I, and many others, never "trust" automatic installers (for scenery as well as aircraft). Far too often they will place files in the wrong folders and/or overwrite newer files with older versions etc. which can cause other unexpected problems.In my opinion, is it far safer to direct the installer to a temporary folder rather than the default FS2004 target. That way you can check everything first and manually move things where they should go.Gauges, for instance, can all be put in the panel folder of an aircraft (rather than in the FS Gauges folder). FS looks first in the panel folder for any gauges the aircraft requires. That way, if you do not like the aircraft and decide to delete it, you will not have a bunch of unnecessary gauges left behind.Hope these ideas are helpful.

Guest tmond

Well.You learned me something I did not know. ya no, I always wondered about letting the exe handle the complete install.I always wondered......"how does it know where to put everything correctly"I will try as you say. Thanks Opa!!:-) Tim