Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Project Tupolev Tu-154M released!!!!

Just a small little message in their forum but the addon is great!Go get it:http://www.fs-proteam.com/products.html?op=one&id=16&pw_patt=cataloghttp://www.fs-proteam.com/files/screen_shots/VC8_1000.jpgRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://kewlceo.com/forums/style_emoticons/...crazy_pilot.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Thanks for the heads up.With this aircraft and 9 Dragons I think 2008 may just be one of the best years ever for freeware.:-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Dunka, that USNN scenery looks good too! (I know I'm behind the times)

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks for the heads up :)That VC looks wicked

That is so true! :-cool I've been waiting for the bird soooo long. Time to repeat my Russian...Best regards,Rafal

Guest almkennedy

Well, that lasted all of 30 minutes. Frame rate killer - 12fps. Ouch.

Guest ha5mvo

>Well, that lasted all of 30 minutes. Frame rate killer ->12fps. Ouch.The no-VC version gives frames that are not much lower than whatever you get from default planes. The VC takes a few and you can expect some drop when the FE panel is on, but by no means a "killer" of any sort.However, a few users had similar issues with the betahttp://www.protu-154.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8274The problem was resolved by reinstalling FS.

I have just:1. Downloaded aircraft.2. Installed aircraft3. UNINSTALLED aircraft.It seems to be a very complex aircraft, but unless you read Russian, it's useless. jerrycwo4

>I have just:>1. Downloaded aircraft.>2. Installed aircraft>3. UNINSTALLED aircraft.>>It seems to be a very complex aircraft, but unless you read>Russian, it's useless. >jerrycwo4Indeed if you too lazy to even read the excellent english manual you better stick to your Boeings..Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://kewlceo.com/forums/style_emoticons/...crazy_pilot.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest mikealpha

>> but unless you read Russian, it's useless. There's an english manual, you'll learn about everything in english. You'll memorize all switches and buttons with their functionality, not their label, at least that's my experience.Believe me, I have written the manual and I don't speak Russian at all :-)Mike

Guest almkennedy

I'm certainly not reinstalling FS, it'll take far too long. For some reason, it gives me shocking fps, whereas the rest of my add-ons give me fabulous frame rates (steady 35fps, locked at 36). Anyway, I was really just curious, the screenshots look fabulous. From what I saw (in the slideshow!), the VC and the 2D cockpits are amazing and the external model looks great - it's definitely a cracking add-on and I recommend everyone to give it a go.

>I have just:>1. Downloaded aircraft.>2. Installed aircraft>3. UNINSTALLED aircraft.>>It seems to be a very complex aircraft, but unless you read>Russian, it's useless. >jerrycwo4It's unfair to say that this plane is useless, it's one of the best FS addons ever. Yes, it'll take a lot of work and study to get it going, but a knowledge of Russian is not at all necessary. The English language version of the manual included with the package is quite comprehensible to English speakers. A 'Bart Simpson' type of approach, ie installed, couldn't start engines, got bored, will get you nowhere. I can read Russian (which isn't at all difficult) so will admit that this makes things a little easier, but don't be put off by a few Cyrillic letters.This aircraft does, however, sort the men from the boys and I wouldn't recommend it if you're just used to flying simple default aircraft or don't like learning to master complex addons. Prehaps that would be a fairer comment?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)