Sign in to follow this  
Guest flashwebb

Aismooth not starting

Hii have Aismooth 1.20 and when i start aismooth and FS9...Then the Aismooth say "Flightsimulator not running" and the simulator is running..i have Fsuipc 3.7 installed...any ideas why the Aismooth will not run or why it say "Flightsimulator not running"Peter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Post your O/S version, please. Vista users (not me) require some special installation techniques.BTW, the current FSUIPC is 3.75 from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlor follow the link to the forum and open the latest versions thread to download the latest FSUIPC beta. It cures some throttle problems with PMDG aircraft.In the modules folder examine fsuipc.log with notepad or wordpad to see if AISMOOTH tries to register itself.A thread on flightsim.com FS9 forum discusses these issues for Vista users. It has to do with security properties of the folders involved. One user suggested installing AI Smooth under a folder under your FS9 folder and that cured those issues. Set your AI Smooth shortcut if you are a Vista 32 bit user to run it as an administrator. I"ts folder also must be read/write for anybody so it can set its .inis.

HiHere is the loggfileand the airsmooth is up and running..but the same problem "Simulator is not running"********* FSUIPC, Version 3.75 by Pete Dowson *********Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2Verifying Certificate for "D:SpelMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator 9MODULESFSUIPC.dll" now ... SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)User Name="Peter"User Addr="flashwebb@hotmail.com"FSUIPC Key is providedWideFS Key is providedModule base=61000000ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5EWeatherOptions(Orig)=40003605[40003605]InitDelay: 0 secondsWeatherReadInterval=4LogOptions=00000001DebugStatus=255 15359 System time = 22:57:09 15359 D:SpelMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator 9 15359 System time = 22:57:09, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z) 372359 C:Documents and SettingswebmasterMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesMin.flt 372469 AIRCRAFTA380_WilcoA380.air 372750 Aircraft="Airbus A380 Thai" 391828 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled 398188 C:Documents and SettingswebmasterMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesUI generated flight.flt 399422 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

>I start FS9 then after I have the flight set up I alt+tab and>run AI Smooth.I agree - if I start AISmooth at the same time as FS, it usually closes again quite quickly but if I run it when the flight is already loaded it works much more consistantly. Another tip is that when it opens, click the AISmooth button in the task-bar to open it's window and leave it open - seems less inclined to close itself down that way...Geoff

If you are vista users, disable user accounts under control panel/user accounts. I had a very similar problem with AI Seperator where I had the latest FSUIPC and triple checked all my settings etc but no way could I get to work. Was reading about a different issue (not fs related) and disabled the user accounts which fixed my issue and also got FSUIPC working with all external programs (including AI Seperation). I believe it is a security issue that Vista uses user accounts to make it more safe but perfectly fine to run without them enabled. It aslso has removed all the annoying security pop-up's I used to get eveytime I wanted to run FS. Hope that works!