Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Am I Missing Something?

I noticed that the Learjet 25D by Lars Roennig has had a huge number of downloads. I downloaded it and it looks nice with an easy panel to use and great sounds. But why is it so popular? Since the AVSIM community has downloaded it so many times, am I missing something here?Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

May I simply suggest that if any of us knew what motivates simmers to download particular files, we would probably have our own TV Talk Show.

Guest ha5mvo

>May I simply suggest that if any of us knew what motivates>simmers to download particular files, we would probably have>our own TV Talk Show.>>>>Well, the same can be said of "Project Fokker" which has a whopping 409 thousand(!!) downloads on avsim.By no means am I to slag off the fokker - on the contrary, any success by a freeware developer is more than welcomed but it may put in perspective the general priorities of the FS "community": read - first and foremost comes the external model and eye candy. Panels and system simulation as well as an accurate FDE are "nice to have".Strange, considering how many take offence when FS is mentioned in the context of a computer game..;)

Generally speaking, download figures mostly just tell you people are initially interested, not necessarily that they like a title enough to actually keep it.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark