Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

Didjanotice?

I've had this problem for years. Ever since I've installed Ultimate Traffic. The Beech 1900 sinks into the Tarmac. Once it starts to taxi, it seems to lift up and roll on it's contact points. It doesn't matter what Livery or textue is applied. I seem to recall UT used Project AI aircraft, just renamed as Flight One Aircraft. Question: has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it?Bill :-roll :-hmmm :-bat

Guest dpc

I have UT. The situation you discribe does not happen to me.

Well, I'll be! That's strange. What can it be about my version of FS9, on three different Computers and multiple reinstalls over the years that make this phenonoma unique to me. I was at Denver the other day and a Great Lakes BE 1900, pushing back and starting to taxi was jumping up and down like a Bull Frog. I got gremlins?Bill

Does it happen to your user aircraft at those airports as well? If so, then it could be a scenery conflict somewhere (I have this problem at a few airports, but having lots of mesh installed, it's a royal PITA in trying to find the culprit).If it's just the AI model, perhaps the contact points got messed up? Download the base model and have a look at any differences in their respective aircraft configs, you might want to check for updated FDEs as well.Anyway, I'm just stabbing in the dark really, I haven't experienced that kind of a problem in any of my AI aircraft.

Thankyou for your reply. Strangly It's only the Beech 1900 that came along with Ultimate traffic. Bill

Hi,This can mean that the Contact Points section are not correct in the plane's aircraft.cfg file. First, try editing the static_cg_height= line. That is the height aircraft are placed into the sim at. I think you need to increase it, as I remember.If that doesn't work, then check that the scrape Contact Point values (the = 2, lines) are not lower than the wheel lines (the = 1, lines). In fact, you can try deleting all the scrape lines to test this. Backup your cfg file first before doing any of this, of course.You will need to either restart FS each time to see the changes, or you can save a flight and reload that flight each time.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thanks Tom, Very useful infomation. But how about this for a solution. Try a different Aircraft such as Henry T's Beech 1900D. So far I've found all the liveries I need and they're usually painted on his Aircraft. Which by the way is a better looking Aircraft than UT's. Thanks Henry.Bill:-lol :-jumpy :-jumpy

I agree that static CG height is the first place to look. Also check out the static cg pitch if nose wheel is too high or low after adjusting the height so that the mains are correct.scott s..