Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

ALERT CAPTSIM B757 BLOCK F IS OUT !!!!!

Yep, Block F is OUT, but from the looks of it they should put it back IN!Over 2 years in the making. In that time they could have built a real 757! :-lolGreat job.Mike T.

Guest monsoon

>i took one for the team today... >As a TEAM none of us would buy this crap so we can stand united and demand not to be ripped off and demand better quality but as FS'ers we are pathetic that way.

Don't know why but I'm sure that the majority of 'issues' you have will be resolwed with RTFM. And, what is even more interesting, most of those who are complaining even haven't used the product.

Guest 247

What about getting the pss 757, looks great has a FMC also has a lot of systems on it ? I like it for sure :)

Got that right, even within typical PSS limits their 757 systems-wise is vastly more representative of the aircraft overall than Captain Candy'sregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>Got that right, even within typical PSS limits their 757>systems-wise is vastly more representative of the aircraft>overall than Captain Candy's>>regards,>MarkMark, the Block F/D we are talking about here adds advanced systems and flight model to other 'Candy' blocks. As to PSS - it is no longer supported since there is no such a company as PSS any more.

Ok ok ok I admit my general biased dislike of this company is showing to the extent of preferring a dead PSS to a live? CS :-hah To be honest, no I've never owned a CS product, but good grief man, that's because of the chorus of discontent that's erupted over the years, many of those voices highly experienced and knowledgeable users. Add to that my impression of videos, screens, reviews, their own forum interactions and a very brief hands on with the pre D/F 757 and I'm left thoroughly turned off despite some hits like their C130.They're not for me but more power to anybody who wishes to venture forth - I truly hope this product meets your needs.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>Don't know why but I'm sure that the majority of 'issues' you>have will be resolwed with RTFM. And, what is even more>interesting, most of those who are complaining even haven't>used the product. Irony in 1, 2 3here it is: I dont know about you but i am sure the majority of people posting such things havent even been over to the designer's site, else they would know that there are no manuals available. This actually puts you on the back of the train of the naysayers that dont even have the product.

Guest captandy

My post was to alert users of the status and secondly what they think of the product as it stands now.I am willing to buy it if I could get a real sense of what I am getting which is unbiased towards the company regardless of their thoughts of CS.Justwould love a B757 in my hangar ...maybe the PSS is worth a shot if the plane is true to life and a technical challenge.Andy

their forum is down, clearly to hold back the hordes of complaints coming in... hilarious. i expect a patch soon so hang on.. they might actually fix it!! it is evident that they put this together in a week and released it so people can test the fs9 version before they roll out the fs10 one. this whole beta testing by the customer is getting old in the fs "industry"

LOL!The problem is, as it has been pointed out, RTFM is not possible without an actual FM! Secondly even with a FM, it doesn't resolve the missing functions and bugs that were pointed out en mass on the Captain Sim forum before it entered the Bermuda Triangle and mysteriously disappeared. I noticed, however, that the online purchasing section has somehow managed to escape the Bermuda Triagle's grip and is ready and available to accept your credit card information. Now, I have never disputed the fact that I was born...I just wasn't born yesterday. And, NO, I am not as stupid as I look! :-lol !*sigh*Mike T.

LOL, Yep forum is down. Definitely must be to much "negative" publicity going on. I noticed they still haven't linked Avsim's latest review of the 130X as they had done within a day when they got the 5 star one (questionable to say the least) for the 757. Probably didn't like the well put comments about their customer service, delay in fixing bugs, sound issue etc for the overall price there of.While I have the 757 (got sucked in back in spr06) I have no interest in the block f/d anymore. If it only gets 15fps with their ecais gauge programming (fsx, fs9 not so bad), I probably won't even be able to load it with "full systems programming".While opinions vary, I just choose not to support dev

It was probably better that they left the forum missing in the Bermuda Triangle. Have you read some of the feelback over there?:-spacecraftThey should either take down the forum or take down the credit card acceptance page. As it is now its like someone walking up to you and kicking you in the face and then afterward asking if you can please spare $50! :-xxrotflmaoAs I said before. I admire CS for suckering so many people for 2 years with the block system. Now I am truely impressed that they got many of those same people to buy Block F. Pure genius. Captain Sim for PRESIDENT!!!!

I bought it so i can tell others not to. I have my reasons for wasting some money their way.. i fully expected a half cooked job. btw, vnav just died on me and speed hold (in any mode) still doesnt work. I must have gotten the econo version of the 757. there is no cabin with block F. yes, the passenger cabin has been removed, or i need to go and edit the mdl file if they somehow by default put in the one without it.This is what their advanced lightning, part of block F as promised in the manuals they removed, looks like.enjoy. niceanddarkwh1.jpg

I haven't bought a CS product since the 727 from the FS8 days but why all the angst?I looked at the AVSIM review of the 757 and it got the coveted "AVSIM Gold Star Award" for some kind of excellence.I think the PSS777 after the patches is pretty decent, so I'm inclined to get the JF757 w/ a good AP/FMC. PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS