Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

claviermichel

Looking for the best Dash-8

Hi there,I am looking for the best available Dash-8 panel. I mean the most accurate and complete panel. In another life I used to fly the PSS Dash-8 but after all these years there may be out there a newer and more comprehensive panel available.Thanks for your duidance.Best regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In my opinion there is none out there that is worthy. There is only two. One is the pss one and the other one is a way overpriced FS98 textured panel.

Since you are refering to PSS Dash8 I assume you are talking about the Dash8-300 and not about the Q400 or 100.The only one I know besides the PSS is the one of Majestic.Although I don't have it, it seems to be a very good panel. That is: regarding systems rendering and sounds. The panel graphics however are imho sub-standard and look like FS98 but that's just a matter of taste.Also be advised that you can't update the NavData.The price, compared to other quality panels, is pretty high toohttp://www.majesticsoftware.com/c/portal_p...d=1.1&p_p_id=54

The price was the only thing stopping me from purchasing the majestic, other than that one the pss wasnt that great either, so as said above, there is not really anything out there available as far as I know.

While there isnt one out now, I think there definately is a market for a good FS Q400. Flightsim is short on high quality turboprops and if a developer does a Q400 to level D/ PMDG standards, it would be a hit. Just look at how well the Flight 1 ATR did!

>The price was the only thing stopping me from purchasing the>majestic, other than that one the pss wasnt that great either,>so as said above, there is not really anything out there>available as far as I know.Thing is, that with the current trend you're unlikely to see too many high end addons that don't come at an inflated price.

I'll vouch for the Majestic.I contemplated the price for it, but looking back for me it was good deal. Everything works & is simulated, without bugs period. While the panel texture is a little dated, it's "fully" functional from both 2d & VC, and includes full systems simulation & working weather radar. I get frames on this almost as good as the default stuff.And, the sounds are simply the best out there IMHO, and on take off my Z-5500 speakers shake everything pretty well off the desk (simulating the shake inside the cabin LOL) and the sound pitch etc are spot on. Sound responds to pitch .. ;)There's some add-ons out there costing way more than this one, but at least this one is bug free & flys as well as it sounds - and has the extra's like cabin calls etc. That alone is worth a few bucks to me LOL.I had the PSS Dash, spent all my time trying to make it sound right, and then not being able to fly from VC sucked. The Maj it twice the bird and then some of the PSS, reduced panel textures or not.EDIT - And they updated it for FSX (RTM & SP2) for free, if you've got it. It's frames are as good as the default stuff in FSX as well. Regards'Garetthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187453.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187454.jpg

Hi Guys,Many thanks for your opinions. I guess Majestic is the way to go even if somewhat overpriced. As mentioned by one poster there is definitely a need for high quality turboprops and given the current price trends it could be an attractive alternative for some developers....Best regards

The majestic is a lovely piece of software. The handling is ungodly and will actually scare you at first.. You can literally feel the wind and bumps and so forth. Joy to fly. The textures are very dated, the repaints very limited, FMC is not finished. Also be aware that gauges and text, especially in the VC are blurry... no matter the resolution. Makes it hard to read the fine digits but the cockpit is very complex and i guess you can only do so much with the screen space you have in the sim.I wouldn't go for the 100$ one but the one underneath. It needs a major update imo to justify teh 100$ price tag.