Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

CS757 vs PSS757 Honest Opinion

>I don't own either of them, but why bother asking this>question? You can look at the support forums and the bugs the>CS product had on release and see it is just as crappy as PSS>if not more so. If you don't like the PSS bird because it>doesn't reach the quality of PMDG or LDS, then I'm sure you'll>be disappointed at the CS offering as well.have you seen CaptainSim forum is closed today may be there are too many bugs the CS 757 is not close to a perfect product(just crappy at this time)The best way:look at 757 Level D SH

Doubt that you have the CS 757 :)BTW moving site from one server to another and upgrading is not a crime, right? This is what they are doing.

Yes I have CS757:-( moving site from one server to another yes this is not a crime, but How you know that ?? Are you CS staff member ?? or a clown of CS beta tester ??regards

I've seen your input on the CS forums and between you and I (and others who actually have a clue) we've found a lot of bugs in the CS757 that those who are saying its "user error" have no clue about.Another one: The fuel usage for the 757 is incorrect. When there is fuel in the center tank and wing tanks the fuel system uses fuel from the center tank FIRST before using fuel from the wing tanks. It works this way on all aircraft except the the CS 757 which uses fuel from all tanks at the same time which means that when you land you will always have fuel in your center tank. Another one: At approach speed on autopilot the autopiot will command pitch trim of 9 or 10 which is way out of the green pitch trim zone. On my last flight the AP command full up pitch deflection which would have caused the aircraft to eventually stall and crash if I had not disengaged the AP and fixed the problem manually.Another one: With engines off, pressing the engine generator switches for the engines energizes the yaw dampner and a few other systems. It shows "ON". Needless to say that with the engines OFF, the engine generators should not energize anything AND should show OFF untill the engines are started and the engine generators are producing electricity.And there are many more. As you pointed out, these are not feature fixes, they are glaring bugs.User error huh? Nonesense!!!Captain Sim's excuse is that there are "1600 lines of code" and "real simulator costs millions and people want the same functionality out of a piece of software that costs less than $100". If that's the case, why don't they tell that to PMDG, LDS, Eaglesoft, Dreamfleet and Flight1 who make hyperaccurate representations of complex real world aircraft? No one expects them to be perfect on the first go because no developer has nailed it on release 1.0, however, the difference is that the REPUTABLE developers fall over themselves to get as much fixed as possible by listening to their customers. CS does the opposite by asking for references to manuals (that THEY should have) and other stupid excuses to not take the blame for their own mistakes.Interestingly enough, the flight model is superb and handflying the 757 is a pure joy. The rendering of the VC is to die for and the visual model is the best I've ever see (except that APU door doesn't open when APU is not running and surfaces don't droop with no hydraulic pressure). The avionics have a large hole in them. All Captain sim has to do is shut up and listen to their customers who are in the know and they could have a product that rivals LDS or PMDG in every regard.*sigh*Mike T.

HI Mike yes you right,, my pseudo is dommbarr on CS forum.Is very hard for me to explain some things I lost my English, and I speak better than I writ it, but I