Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Project Airbus flap positions need explanation

Hello AllI have asked this before but i am still not clear on the PA flaps settings.In most aircraft that i fly on takeoff i usually select five or ten degrees of flaps,but when i set flaps in the Project airbus I get this..... Position one = no apparent change ,position two = no apparent change,position three= fifteen degrees.There obviously meant to be this way( all models are like like this)but if somebody can explain this setup i would appreciate it.What is the equivalent of five or ten degrees in the PA AIRBUS.CHEERS Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Not sure about Project Airbus but if they are trying to mimic the real thing you should see..Flap 1 1+F 2 3 Config FullRob

Rob Prest

1+F is only available on the ground the system then auto retracts to 1 at a certain speed. I look forward to a good airbus package turning up. Rob

Rob Prest

>For A320:>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188473.jpg>>Note that pilot can only set position 1, and computer decides>if mode will be 1 or 1 + F based on speed / condition logic.>>scott s.>.>Thank you Scott So its an automatic system then.I will try a test flight setting position one and see what occurs.Thanks to all who chipped in on this.Andy

>>For A320:>>>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188473.jpg>>>>Note that pilot can only set position 1, and computer>decides>>if mode will be 1 or 1 + F based on speed / condition logic.>>>>scott s.>>.>>>>>Thank you Scott >So its an automatic system then.I will try a test flight>setting position one and see what occurs.>Thanks to all who chipped in on this.>AndyPs looking at your diagram,that is how the PA bus displays and explains why nothing actually seems to happen.(I hope:-) )PPS i took the flap settings from an IFDG 320 which does show 2 10 etc however this resulted in two stalls followed by rapid mud eating.