Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

catmar

Need help in solving this!

Sometimes when flying in FS2004 FS9l.1 a search box comes up behind the Simulator window. I don't see this until I close the Sim down and find sometimes several search boxes on the desktop.I have no idea what combination of keys brings these boxes up. I have tried CTRL+S as I use it quite a bit in the Sim, but this does not do anything when I try it on the normal desktop.I am using ASV6, GePro V2.0 and Activecam 2.1 along with fs9.1. I have a Core duo CPU E6750, An Asus P5B Motherboard and a Nvidea Geforce 7950GT GPU.Has anyone else seen this behaviour and if so how do you stop it?TIA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What kind of search boxes? Could you post a screen shot? Windows search boxes or perhaps you've got some kind of malware?

In most versions of Windows, when you are at your Desktop, F3 brings up the Search box as you are seeing.It should not do that while you are FS2004 - but I would check my assignments (Settings/Assignments) and see if anything is assigned to that key.If so, try changing it to something else and see if that corrects this strange behavoir.Keep us posted.

Sorry about delay in answering I've not been here for a couple of days. Yes I've tried that with no luck so far but I will keep trying to discover what's causing the search box to come behind the flight simulator, thank goodness it does not come up in focus otherwise it would cause me some real problems. Thanks for input I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Seems that when I use CTRL+S to check out the airport I sometimes have this searchbox come up underneath the sim i.e not in focus and don't see the searchbox until I leave the sim. I will keep trying to pin it down.

make sure you don't have anything stealing the active window from FS.sometimes my yahoo messenger will disconnect and reconnect while i'm flying and talking to friends, if it has the active windown,trying to sign in, and i try a view command or something, instead of going to the sim, it goes to windows... if i made that clear, i'll be very surprised...lol. not good to try to explain when you're tired as i am.

Thanks John, as far as I know there should be nothing stealing the focus from the sim, but you never know, I will take a good hard look for anything that maybe running in the background that just might interfere with the simulator.Thanks for the replies and info.