Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest monsterzero_jr

Default Map Sucks

The default Flight Planner map (also accessible in flight) really sucks IMHO and I'm wondering if there's a 3rd party product, payware or freeware, that improves over this pathetic system. I guess what I'm looking for is a map that's hopefully bigger than my driver's license and with better interface controls.flightplanner.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome to MS flight simulator, hope you enjoy it. Suggest checking these forums for "FSNavigator" "FSBuild" "Flight Commander" These are some options to the default map.Regards,Dave Vega

You must be new here LOLI'm not making fun of you... it just made me laugh.I started using FSBuild a couple months ago, and it's changed (positively) how I use FS. Check it out, it's worth more than he charges for it.

What do you want - a moving map display, a flight planning tool?Unfortunately one of the best - FSNavigator is not an option - no longer available.FSBuild is probably the best flight planner in my opinion, but FSCommander has a strong following and can move to FSX if that is your plan.As far as a moving map - there are several options in the library.

Hi. If you are looking for a moving map display.why not check out this file that is here in the library... talal_s_map30.zipA nice large map which fills the whole screen too.