Sign in to follow this  
Guest lazybones

FS9 closes down.

Guest lazybones

Help someone! I get a message on booting up fs9 "Aircraft initialisation Failure B1900 Air Labrador VC* How can I get rid of this message and access my flight sim?? Alan Bergman

Do you have an aircraft by that name?If so, remove it and see if you can FS to boot up.The root cause may be an incompatible gauge.

Guest lazybones

Hi David, I have an aircraft of that name, it is a PMDG, and I have a file backup which loaded with gauges missing, and I also found the original installer. When I used this I got this message. Removing the plane does not work, reinstalling fs9 does not work. It is something in the registry I think. I have just had the registry cleaned and it got rid of a similar message(suprunov designs Yak 40) It was a very expensive exercise which I want to avoid!! It seems incredible that ones fs can be diabled like this. As things stand I cannot even replace the plane with extended download insurance!! What a life Reagrds Alan Bergman (lazybones)

Here is a lttle tip for the future:I Never allow an auto-installer to install anything, aircraft or scenery.The reason? While most work properly, occasionally one will install older versions of critical files (without asking permission to overwrite) and even install files in incorrect locations. I have been bit once too often this way.I now always direct any auto installer to a temp folder to see exactly what is what and then manually move items where they should go if everything looks OK. If a file is older, I do not overwrite what I have.With aircraft gauges, I put them into the panel folder of the aircraft I am auditioning - NOT in my default gauge folder.FS2004 looks in the panel folder first anyway and will use any gauges it finds there.That way, if there is a problematic gauge, it does not get "lost" amongst the many others in the default gauge folder and the problem is easy to trace.Note: If an auto installer does not allow me to select a different folder then I simply do not install the package.Hope these ideas may be helpful in the future.

Sounds to me like you saved a flight as the default flight with this plane in it.I would try backing up your fs9.cfg and let the sim build another one.Then you can go back and add in your mods to the .cfg file except that plane.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I agree - but you need not backup your existing FS9.cfg file and then delete the original one to force FS to rebuild it.Backing it up is a good idea in any case.All you need to do (to preserve any other modifications you may have made) is to open your FS9.cfg file - Notepad works fine for this - and scroll down or search for the entry named Situation=Assuming you did change the default flight to something else, a path to that flight will show after the Situation= label.Example: SITUATION=C:Documents and SettingsYour User nameMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesSouthwest at KDAL 13RIf you have something similar, just delete everything after the Situation= entry. Then save your work.FS2004 will now start up with the original default flight - a Cessna at Meigs or Seattle and all of your other modifications will not have to be reentered.Hope this helps.

Guest LeeWang

>Here is a little tip for the future:>>I Never allow an auto-installer to install anything, aircraft>or scenery.Excellent Tip David, as I do the same thing.I don't install any software on my "Gamming PC (FS2004)" until I've first tested it out, on my "development PC". Even Microsoft updates, don't get installed, until I'm happy it will not cause an issue.You might want to look at this freeware software called Incontrol Five, or more commonly known as "InCTRL5". InCTRL5 takes a snapshot of your Hard drive before a program is installed, and then after it has been installed, and gives you a report showing what changes have happened on your Hard drive. It shows all changes, including your registry. It's saved me several times.I use InCTRL5 for everything, not just FS2004. You'll love this program, it you're cautious what gets installed on your PC, and where it gets placed.http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,9882,00.asphttp://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/1...ges-in-windows/Here's the direct download link: http://www.xpefiles.com//files/inctrl5_537.zipLee

Thanks for excellent links Lee -I plan to check out InCTRL5 as soon as possible.One cannot be too careful these days.

Guest Yak Yak

>Note: If an auto installer does not allow me to select a>different folder then I simply do not install the package.>For any installers which refuse to install into another directory, you can usually trick it by copying the FS9.exe into the temp folder. This will work 99% of the time. If it's scenery, then it might also look for the scenery.cfg file; so copy it over as well.Some installers are "annoying" and will install some files to your FS9 default folder anyways.One way to solve this is to rename your default FS9's directory before you install anything (such as Flight Simulator 9 to Flight Simulator 9x). Just don't forget to rename it back before you start FS9 :)-feng

Guest lazybones

Many thanks to all of you who have replied. Sadly the replies do not confront the issue viz fs9 will not boot up. PMDG very kindly sent me a fresh installer and insofar as putting the plane in the fs9 aircraft folder it was fine. However as fs 9 will not open it is useless! Lazybones.(Alan Bergman)