Sign in to follow this  
rightseater

Removing lights on ground

Greetings all,Is it possible to get rid of the lighting effect on the ground when I turn on the landing lights and taxi lights? In specific I am trying to do this with the Flight 1 C172R. I will be replacing the effect with Shockwave lighting, but can not get rid of the default lights first.-Jeremy

Hi, I think you will find you don't want to do that. In fact, I have the opposite problem. I've somehow lost the default light effect on one of my aircraft which has the shockwave lights and have'nt a clue what the default effect is called. The default light effect still works on all other aircraft...except this one. I just can't figure out whats happened. Jeremy..the shockwave lights wont cast any light on the runway without the default lights in place.Russell.

You might also try posting your question in the Aircraft & Panel design forum.

Thanks both of you. Actually I worded my question wrong. What I was trying to do is to get rid of the triangular lighting effect on the ground when you turn on the lights. You can enable/disable this option in the FS9 settings/display/aircraft menu by checking landing lights. By unchecking this box and adding a Shockwave effect on the ground in conjuntion with the Shockwave landing lights, you can get much more authentic lighting on the ground. Sure have been missing T&T Opa.-Jeremy