Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

Removing Static Aircraft

Guest melf12

I want to remove individual static aircraft from a payware Airport Scenery, if possible.I've got as far as isolating the static aircraft BGL, but need to open it? I would appreciate some help, pleaseKen

It's doubtful that you will be able to "open" the bgl but you can try using the BGL2XML program:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchIf the bgl was created from a source file in xml format, this program may be able to decompile and re-create that format which can then be opened and edited with Notepad or Wordpad.Finding the correct portion of the resulting xml file which deals with the aircraft you wish to remove will be tricky but potentially possible.After editing, the xml would then need to be recompiled using BglComp.Be sure you make a backup of your bgl file before attempting this.

May i suggest having a good read of the pdf manual that came with the package as most payware airport developers will tell you which files the statics are in and, in my experience, all you need to do is just remove said file(s)Gary

Gary: While this is true, the Gentleman requested info on removing individual aircraft, not the whole Kaboodle.Bill :-roll