Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luc Brusselmans

The /3G switsch

Good afternoon,This is probably a very stupid question.I have the usual OOM's when flying the 747 from PMDG and after reading through the various posts during most of this morning, I have added the /3Gb switch to my boot ini file.That was the easy part but do I have to tell Fs-9 (of FS-X) that they have to use that switch (LARGEADDRESSAWARE). And If so, how is that done?all help appreciatedLuc BrusselmansBadger - Belgiumsystem:Gigabyte EX38T-DQ6 - Intel E8500 Oc'ed to 4.37Mhz - 2 Gb DDR3 Corsair dominator (pc3-14400 cas7) - MSI N9800GTX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSX SP2 has it already.For FS9 you will need this program...http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.phpI snipped these instructions from the original thread from May of 07, I modified it a bit.Backup your fs9.exe (I renamed mine FS9.ORIG). Now start CFF Explorer and open the orginal fs9.exe file.Now go to NT Header/File Header and click File Header. Ther you find a button labeld "click here". Click it. And select the mark at "App can handle> 2gb adressest " Save the modified EXE, overwrite the orginal one.If you have any problems you can revert back to your saved file or undo what you just did.

Gary,thanks for pointing me in the right direction.I have followed your 'tutorial' to the letter so it should be ok.But I have another question.I understand that this switch is more or less a solution for 32-bits OS's because a 64-bit OS doesn't need it.Does that mean that changing to vista 64bit, the OOM's are out of the way, providing there are no double afcad's or misplaced landclassfiles?I am in the process of making the change to windows vista at the moment so maybe it is the right moment to change from 32bit to 64bit?all thoughts about the subject are welcome.Luc BrusselmansBadger - Belgium