Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSACKS

Cap Sim 757 - Anything simple and comprehensive?

Since the start of the CS 757 project, I got totally confused about the blocks and packs or whatever they were and decided not to buy any of this series since it looked fragmented. That was ages ago. Did CS ever consolidate the product into a single offering, something more comprehensible, that a simple customer (like me) can understand? Or have any online sim shops done that kind of thing?JS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Kind of...they now offer something called the "757-200 Pro Pack" which includes pretty much all of the original blocks (model, soundsets, configuration tool) as well as the new Block F (systems modelling and such).However, you still have to buy the 757 Freighter and 757-300 model expansions separately (if you really need to...they're entirely optional).

Thanks,Greg Wills

Hi. Sorry to interrupt. I wonder if someone can tell me if the 300 expansion pack is only a stretched visual model of the 757-200. Is there anything worth the purchase price of the 300?Michael

"Hi. Sorry to interrupt. I wonder if someone can tell me ifthe 300 expansion pack is only a stretched visual model of the757-200. Is there anything worth the purchase price of the300?Michael"Hi Michael!I think that's essentially it. It's just a model of a 757-300, which adds into the "757-200 Pro Pack" to provide it with the systems modelling of the base package. And I would assume (no, hope!) weight and balance is different in the -300.I think it depends what you really want. If there are particular airlines you like to fly that operate the 757-300, or you're a major 757 fan, then you may be interested in buying it. I haven't purchased it because none of the airlines I tend to fly operate the type. Saving my money for elsewhere! :-lol

Thanks,Greg W.

Not sure about the FsX version but the Fs9 753 uses the same config file as the 752. The only difference is the model :-(