Sign in to follow this  
tunnelcat

9 Dragons version 2.1 blurries

An observation for the 9 Dragons team. After upadating from V2 to V2.1, I have noticed a large improvement of the blurries problem, but I'm still noticing some in tile areas that contain hills under buildings, but not in the mountains. The patch improved things by a large order of magnitude, so it's not really a bad problem, just thought I'd post a shot of it for your information and comment.Kim190976.jpg

Post again - you attached a text file not a picture.

Sorry, the attachment has been repaired. I was having weird internet hangs when I was trying to do the original post and missed the radio button for selecting JPEG on a retry.Kim

Hi Kim,Your screenshot is great. Let me (try) to explain. On the lower portion of the shot you can see a distinctive line. On the left side very clear and on the right not so much. That's because the left side is 1.2m hi-res textures and the right side (the hilly side) is 4.8m textures. Where I 'blend' them together is where you will see this type of line.So when I talk about fixing the blurries when you go from v2 to 2.1 we are only fixing the blurries that occur with the 1.2m hi-res textures. Those textures on the left side to keep them sharp. There would be rectangle textures that would become very blurry and stay that way no matter what elevation you were at. Now the "bluriness" you are seeing on the hillside, well that's not so much as blurry as it is just the resolution detail of 4.8m which is he default resolution for photo terrain for FS2004. If you slew straight up that 4.8m will become more clear as you gain altitude. Am I making any sense here?!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Thanks Clutch, that makes sense, you answered my question. I didn't try to slew straight up and see what happened to the textures. I was flying a default aircraft and was getting about 60 fps when I took the screenshot. Still, I'm VERY happy with the improvements your team did in V1.2. I WAS getting very blurry whole tile sections, at any altitude, next to sharp ones before the update, now it looks fantastic all around! I also like the improved tarmac lighting at night, much nicer.I recommend to anybody that still has version 1 to uninstall it and get version 2 and the 2.1 update. When you download V2, there are very clear instructions on how to remove the old version. You won't be disappointed.Kim