Sign in to follow this  
tcv691

Old runways overlap with custom scenery...

I tried looking for help on FSDreamTeam's website but noone can help me..Every scenery or AFCAD that I download for KORD results in an overlap with the runways and this scenery. Can anyone help me?By the way, the only AFCAD for KORD is the FSDT one... I search in my FS9 folder for any file with "ord" and there's nothing relevant. I've even deleted the default KORD AFCAD file in the FS9/Scenery/NAMC/scenery folder.FS92008-07-0518-36-25-49.jpgFS92008-07-0518-36-17-24.jpgFS92008-07-0518-34-51-35.jpg

Well for starters, you need to restore the file you removed from the NAMC / scenery folder. It has numerous other airports in it besides KORD.What do you get when you use the AFCAD program and ask to open KORD?That should bring up the default one which will be grayed out and the one which comes with the scenery from FSDT.Are there any others showing up?You can also use ScanAfd to search for duplicates - ORD would NOT have to even be in the name.Here is a link:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchGood luck.

>Well for starters, you need to restore the file you removed>from the NAMC / scenery folder. It has numerous other>airports in it besides KORD.>>What do you get when you use the AFCAD program and ask to open>KORD?>>That should bring up the default one which will be grayed out>and the one which comes with the scenery from FSDT.>>Are there any others showing up?>>You can also use ScanAfd to search for duplicates - ORD would>NOT have to even be in the name.>>Here is a link:>>http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Search>>Good luck.Well 1st, when I open AFCAD and search for KORD all that comes up is the FSDT Scenery AFCAD. The default one was grayed out also. There are no duplicates. I used to have Simflyers but after I removed it I think that's what messed everything up.That program you gav eme the link to didn't show anything but the main AFCAD for FSDT and the APPR file .bglThanks for the help,Alex

If you are absolutely positive there is no other stray Afcad for KORD lurking about, then perhaps un-installing FSDT KORD and re-installing it might be worth a try.Did you also check for any updates which may have been issued? I don't remember any and my FSDT Kord works properly - but always worth checking.Good luck again.

Just a question, but how is the old 9R/27L labelled? And the old 9L/27R?I made several packages for the Simflyers scenery last year and that scenery does not show runways based on the Afcad, but on the "runways 01.bgl" file. It was that one I changed so that the new designation would be visible. It should've been put in KORD's scenery folder (you did delete the Simflyers KORD folder, right?), but perhaps it's hiding somewhere else.My first runway 01.bgl was last modified July 16, 2007. The second one, August 28, 2007.

Mike...

I did delete the entire Simflyers scenery and the overlapped runways are incorrect.. 9R/27L is shown as 9L/27R and 10/28 is shown as 9R/27L.

Guest over and out

Not sure if this will help, but what about the add on scenery priority list? Check to make sure the add on you want has priority over the previous and or turn off any other addons for that area that you may have?I did this to fix an Alaska addon. I had both the default and add on roads showing up and roads running through lakes etc.. so I made the addon have priority and it fixed it.Maybe this will work??

Just looking at the screenie, it looks like maybe someone didn't deleteAllRunways in the AFCAD replacement.scott s..

>Not sure if this will help, but what about the add on scenery>priority list? Check to make sure the add on you want has>priority over the previous and or turn off any other addons>for that area that you may have?>>I did this to fix an Alaska addon. I had both the default and>add on roads showing up and roads running through lakes etc..>so I made the addon have priority and it fixed it.>>Maybe this will work??I actually tried that thanks...

I'd uninstall the scenery, then check the default KORD. Then add it back. Also try disabling the scenery's Afcad. Also, what folder is your Afcad located in? KORD's scenery folder? If you monitor traffic, do aircraft sink in the ground or just the opposite? What routes do they follow, the scenery or the overlapping runways?And is there no runway 01.bgl anywhere? Even if they aren't labelled like my replacements, maybe you didn't properly disable the original. That is, if you downloaded any of my runway change packages. Try doing a search for that file.It may also be worth getting a copy of FlightSim Manager so you can check for scenery.cfg inconsistencies.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=76742You'll need a copy of this as well.

Mike...

>I'd uninstall the scenery, then check the default KORD. Then>add it back. Also try disabling the scenery's Afcad. Also,>what folder is your Afcad located in? KORD's scenery folder?>If you monitor traffic, do aircraft sink in the ground or just>the opposite? What routes do they follow, the scenery or the>overlapping runways?>>And is there no runway 01.bgl anywhere? Even if they aren't>labelled like my replacements, maybe you didn't properly>disable the original. That is, if you downloaded any of my>runway change packages. Try doing a search for that file.>>It may also be worth getting a copy of FlightSim Manager so>you can check for scenery.cfg inconsistencies.>>http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=76742>>You'll need a copy of>this as well.It worked! I searched for Runways 01.bgl and I found one in the FS9SceneryCitiesChicago renamed the extension and the other runways disappeared! I'd like to thank you and everyone who tried to help thanks I really appreciate it.