Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hanse_1

Stupid, annoying water marking in FS9

Guest Hanse_1

Hi again!I get a very annoying, pulsating squarish marking on water in my FS9,which I never noticed before. (See screenshot)How can I get rid of it?Grateful for help.Thanks.Hans HermanssonSweden

I was getting some of this until I installed Aquarama. It used to appear anytime I was over the ocean, particularly flying to the Keys and beyond. I haven't seen the dreaded square water since. Dolph

I had this problem. I was lucky enough to have a back up of my texture folder FS9/texture folder. I bet any money it is a texture file in there which is causing you this headache. Sorry I can't direct you to what particular file it is but I hope pointing you in this direction is the right one and that it will save you time.Paul

>Hi again!>>I get a very annoying, pulsating squarish marking on water in>my FS9,>which I never noticed before. (See screenshot)>>How can I get rid of it?>>Grateful for help.>>Thanks.>>Hans Hermansson>SwedenHellosquare water is hard to get rid of.But if the water is pulsating as well it might be because you have your water effects set to maximum.Try turning to low or off.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest PARADISE

I don't know how you feel about spending money on your FS9, but with Flight Environment (payware) you can control any water/cloud/sky textures, including getting rid of those unnecessary squares.As suggested above, a cheaper way to check what's causing it is to delete any ad-on sceneries you have installed one at a time and see which one may be the culprit.john

Guest Hanse_1

Hello!Yes, that's what it was. And, luckily I had backups, so Icould change them back again.Thanks!Hansinsweden

Actually, I've been told this is a problem with the water from Flight Environment, too, which I own. Fortunately, for what FE adds, I'll put up with the occasional water square.