Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

POSKY 777 / PSS Merge Question

Hi Guys:I've been reading with interest the ability to merge the PSS VC (I don't care about the 2D) into the POSKY 777. For anyone that has done it is *everything* functional? For instance were you able to merge the FMC into the POSKY VC? What works and what doesnt?Your help would be greatly appreciated.Warm regards,Mike T.

Mike,I've not tried any of them but just looking at the cfgs there seems to be no really full-featured vc merge. I don't even know if it's really possible.Don't know if you've seen this from the SS forum, was posted by one digitalHD - it may be better than the one posted in another thread here (I see an fmc sntry).http://www.flightsimworld.com/downloads/viewfile/1814.htmlI feel the pain though, those Posky models fill me with regret no end.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>>I feel the pain though, those Posky models fill me with regret>no end.>>regards,>MarkRelease yourself and enjoy the wingview ;)

I tried it but had lots of CTD's so the Posky 777 has gone into the bin I'm afraid. Having said that though, the VC looked good, with the PSS displays for PFD/ND working fine, but only visually - no functional buttons. The FMC cannot be merged because the VC has coded into it the representation of a FMC panel. The only thing I could get was the display to partially show through in the CDU window. (The PSS FMC sits "under" the Posky VC).For me - it is not worth the effort. The Posky 777 looks good, but it's not the end of the world if I use the PSS model.

Graeme Butler

Graeme, I'm impressed that you were able to get something to appear in the FMC window at all; I really struggled with that. I was able to add VNAV and LNAV switches to the VC using switch holes previously defined, but that was about the limit of my success with VC editing in the Posky panel. Still, for light simming, it is fun to fly....John G.

John G.

>>Release yourself and enjoy the wingview ;)>Alas, only a full featured vc can keep me company hour after hour in a longhauler, hardly ever look at wings since I got vc-hooked :) Only briefly for occasional replays after landing.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Yes, I would have been happy with the VC compromises, but I had CTD's with every session. I tried identical flights with the PSS 777 and all was fine, so there is something in the Posky VC gauges that doesn't like my system :-(

Graeme Butler