Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Airbus

Tough Landing POSKY 777V2!

I have been frustrated trying to land this bird without running off the end of the runway. For some reason I can't slow down enough! Even with full flaps, gear down and engines idle, I hit the runway at 180 kts. Assuming I am reading the tables correctly, I estimate my total landing weight at 437000 lbs with a Vref of 130 kts. Does anyone else have this problem?Any tips or tricks welcome!AirbusPS Maybe I should just stick with my airbus!:-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

vref 130 and you hit the rwy at 180? :) is that a typo? if not you're way too fast at touchdown, no wonder you cant stop :) regards,Mark

>I have been frustrated trying to land this bird without>running off the end of the runway. For some reason I can't>slow down enough! Even with full flaps, gear down and engines>idle, I hit the runway at 180 kts. Assuming I am reading the>tables correctly, I estimate my total landing weight at 437000>lbs with a Vref of 130 kts. Does anyone else have this>problem?>>Any tips or tricks welcome!>>Airbus>>PS Maybe I should just stick with my airbus!:-) Previous post was right.You should be landing(a lot depends on circumstances of course) at the 155kts sort of speed.Are you arming your autobrakes prior to landing?are you remembering to hit reverse thrust?cheers Andy