Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

New Scenery Enhanser Program

Guest Jeffhew

Hi Jerry,I haven't used that product but, just looking at the screenshots, it doesn't look all that different from the freeware Real Environment Professional. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=91533I've been using it for some time and can say that it's a very nice freeware package. Works great with all the addons I use too. No compatibility issues that I've seen.Hope this helps you.Best Regards,Jeff

Even though it is cheap, I've decided to stick with Ground Environment II Pro even thought it has a steep learning curve for me. jerrycwo4

Guest Jeffhew

>Even though it is cheap, I've decided to stick with Ground>Environment II Pro even thought it has a steep learning curve>for me. jerrycwo4Jerry, can I help with anything in GEPro?Best Regards,Jeff

A friend of mine got it, installed, flightsim crashed while loading at 77%. That tells you everything no?

Actually, it doesn't. Perhaps the installation of the program simply triggered another problem totally unrelated to the new program?Why is it that people jump to conclusions so quickly? Is your friend sure that Adobe Air didn't crash instead of FS?:(

Mike...

Jeff to start off with why do they say you are making a new GROUND "scenery" program and then they call it ... "Dark Cumulus" or some other CLOUD name??? jerrycwo4PS I did download ALL of the tutorials that I could find and I'm going to "study" all of them to see if I can get a better understanding of the program now that I have vr 2.13 installed.

Guest Jeffhew

>Jeff to start off with why do they say you are making a new>GROUND "scenery" program and then they call it ... "Dark>Cumulus" or some other CLOUD name??? jerrycwo4>>PS I did download ALL of the tutorials that I could find and>I'm going to "study" all of them to see if I can get a better>understanding of the program now that I have vr 2.13>installed.Jerry,With the ground texture sets, what it's doing is colorizing the textures to match with the weather conditions. So, if you have a dark overcast day, the ground will be darker than on a clear sunny day. The more sets you create, the more noticeable this will be. You can see how this works by clicking on the ground color option on the left side of the main page. Click on colorize, then start adjusting the different sliders. You'll see the effect of these changes in the right window. The program does this automatically if you select 'create' under ground textures on the main page. This takes a while to do. It takes me about 10 or 12 minutes to create one set so, to do say, 5 sets of each, would take your system a few hours depending on how fast your system is. Slower systems could take up to 30 minutes per set. Remember that there are about 2100 ground textures to deal with for each set. That's why it takes so long. I usually process a few sets while I'm online and just let it run in the background. When I first started using it, I would get impatient and want it to be done now. If you see how it works manually you can imagine how long it would take you to do a number of sets for each type of cloud environment. If you do a few every day, you'll have a bunch in no time. Like I said, you'll really notice the effect more when you have a number of sets created. The sky sets will do the same thing for the sky textures only much faster. I have better than 15000 sky textures. Where this really shines is when using ActiveSky for weather. GEPro is accessible right from the AS interface. After downloading your weather, select the airport you want and load (Fetch) the weather. Then, click on the GEPro buttton and it will load sky and ground textures based on that weather. It really does change the whole mood of the sim. Especially on a dark, stormy day. The ground will look much darker, just as it would in the RW under an overcast sky. On a parlty cloudy day you'll see patchs of sunlight and patches where it might be cloud covered. Remember though that this needs to be done before you start FS. FS only loads these textures at startup.The key is patience. It will definately be rewarded here. After a month of doing 5 sets a day, you'll have 150 different texture sets. Of course, each set takes up space on your hard drive. My GEPro folder is about 8GB and I still create more sets but, space isn't an issue for me. I hope this clears it up a bit. Feel free to ask if you need more help.Best Regards,Jeff

I've noticed that any time I install GE Pro textures, the Samoshin Natural World Trees are practically wiped out. It was first evident when the splash screen was changed from Natural World to the default FS2004 splash screen. Upon checking scenery that's typicall heavily wooded, I noticed the NW trees were gone. I don't know how I can use NW trees while changing GE Pro textures to match the wx conditions. I have in the past exited FS9 and reinstalled the trees. But, it sure is frustrating to have to do this extra step.