Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Airbus

Detroit Scenery Problem

Hi Folks:I apologize if I am a little behind here, but I just noticed that most of downtown Detroit is in the river and the bridge into downtown is over land! Is this due to Ultimate Terrain and/or is there a fix? I searched the scenery design forum but found nothing pertinent. Thanks for any help!Airbus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jim:Besides UT, I have scenery files for the Windsor airport, Ambassador Bridge, and the Detroit airport (KDTW_V2). The bridge file is from 2003. Maybe its the bridge?Airbus

This is what will happen with UT. DTW is also my home airport and I remember this when I installed UT. I do believe there is a fix for this somewhere at AVSIM but I don't remember the file. Because of these problems, I uninstalled UT a long time ago. I can say, however, that UT is definitely causing the problem. I remember the anomaly well. You may want to visit the flight 1 forums to see if someone can locate the fix.

Have you tried posting this over at the Ultimate Terrain forum? This happened to my Miami scenery and it was just a matter of what order my UT was in relation to my other scenery in the Scenery list. Very easy to fix.They're usually very helpful and relatively quick to respond, unless something has changed.

I think what Jeff is saying is that you need to install that. Almost a must have if using UT-USA.

Jim,It is quite possible that you have a later version of UT than I had. The later version may have some of the corrections. In fact, I do believe there was a second version - the version I was questioning whether I should install when I was in the Flight 1 forums. Frankly, it has been so long ago since I uninstalled UT that I don't remember what transpired but I do know that may of the buildins along the coast were misplaced by MS. When UT came along and put the coasts in the right place, many of the buildings and bridges ended up in the water. Downtown Detroit was one of the areas affected. People have made corrections over time and some of those correction may be been incorporated in to a UT update.