Sign in to follow this  
BigRick

Post SP2 and a question

Thanx for updating FS2Crew for the rest of the Airbus fleet! I appreciate it. It seems that, altho the Start Center does indeed update the panels, it seems to forget to update the button/joystick combos for those panels when you change the defaults (and press Save. I didn't forget hah). It changes the A320 ones, just not all the other. Fyi on that one.... Also, question about the codes you use to specify the joystick triggers. I'm using a Proflight flight yoke and have assigned buttons 6 and 7 (as reported by FSUIPC) for the FS2C triggers. I look in the panel.cfg file and I notice that the button identifiers are off my one number (BUTTON5, BUTTON6). Are you using a zero based array and is that why it's off by one? FS2C doesnt seem to like those assignments and I have to revert to using the keyboard (which works fine). BTW, I've completely disabled the joystick controls in FSX and use FSUIPC exclusively to control the inputs. Thanx!-Rick

Hi Rick,I'll check out the Start Center and key/joystick assignments updating for non A320 models.In the meantime, I'll explain how it works.This is the relevant line from the panel.cfg:fs2crewA320Fdcrew0!dcrew0, 50,1200,10,10, Gx4A Rx4E GBUTTON2 RBUTTON3Everything right of and including Gx4A is called the "Fifth Parameter".FS2Crew reads the 5th parameter to know what your joystick and key assignments are.In plain English, the way it works is that BUTTON2 in the panel.cfg equals BUTTON3 in actual practice, and so on.Again, I'll check the Start Center out. What you can always do if you don't want to wait is manually edit the Fifth Parameter in the non A320 model panel.cfgs to suite your preferences.Cheers,Bryan

Manually editing the panel file and specifying the default joystick buttons as specified by FSUIPC has fixed the problem of FS2Crew recognizing my settings. So, I've got it working now. Thanx.-Rick