Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

The TileProxy project goes public in May.

Guest cbuchner1

Thanks for the making me the freeware genius of the day.> I have a suggestion (I really wish you continue on this project!).> It would be nice to be able to pre-download the tiles along the> loaded VFR route.Current heading and speed (knots) might be a start for pre-loading. The TileProxy already queries this info from the Flight Sim. Current sink rate would be useful too, so I know when to pre-load high res textures around the destination airport for example.All this is on the roadmap, but I have to find a good balance between this project and my day job and my wife. She's been complaining a bit, you know ...For the pre-loading I need to make the network modules and tile API thread safe (which is non trivial) because pre-loading has to happen in a different thread.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

If you see "loadbalancerx.servicename.com" then the TileProxy was unable to parse the module_config string inside the ProxyUser.INI file. Most likely due to unmatched quote or a line break that got inserted by E-Mailing or forum-posting the config.The module_config must consist of a single line, properly wrapped in double quotes.Some servers are going to feel the load today. Ouch.

Guest cbuchner1

> titleproxy.sys: FileInterlanInformation?Wow, I haven't had that yet. Interlan. Sounds like some network related thing.This is a debug message from the kernel mode driver and pretty harmless. It indicates that someone queried information about a terrain tile which hasn't been implemented yet in my kernel driver. Do you run your setup in any non-typical configuration? e.g. RAID, using network shares in your home, etc.?Christian

Guest cbuchner1

Yeah when switching services, it is reasonable to clear the World folder with the supplied cleanup.bat script and to go to the Scenery Library dialog (just press OK there) to make FSX flush its terrain cache. Also don't forget the TileProxy must be restarted when editing the INI file.So when you load a saved flight (which starts in pause mode), you can have a side by side comparison of the two services. Same view, but different textures.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

Anyone care to open a screenshots thread in the proper forum? Remember to follow the forum rules regarding image sizes. I'd love to see where you guys fly.Christian

Hi,I've got the same "titleproxy.sys: FileInterlanInformation?" message all the time, and the FSX doesn't finish the load.I don't have any particular configuration.Thanks!!Luis Fernandez (Spain)

AHS8553 Luis Fernandez KGMU

Guest cbuchner1

Has anyone run into 302 redirects from g**gle yet? This is the way they lock you out when they get too many HTTP requests in too short of a time.There is a way around this by entering a captcha in the web browser when opening a tile URL which sets a cookie. But there's currently no way to pass this cookie from IE to TileProxy.So a 302 redirect means: Reset your DSL modem and hope for a new IP. Or wait a few hours ;-)

Guest cbuchner1

All of this should be in ProxyUser.INI in the TileProxy folder inside FSX. You don't have to fully copy and paste what people post here. Just look for the subtle differences and fill them in. This also reduces the risk of inserting unwanted line breaks.For fast access to the INI file, use the start menu item "Edit ProxyUser Config" which gets installed in the TileProxy folder of your start menu.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

Maybe it's some virus scanner product that runs on your machine?I've seen that some virus scanners query a lot of different information from ANY file that gets opened on your system.This may slow down the TileProxy quite a bit. I'd advise to deactivate virus scanners while using FSX.

Good possibility - I'll try that out when I get home from work. I misspelled the initial alert - it actually should read:"titleproxy.sys: FileInternalInformation?"(Sorry about that!)FYI: This is a Vista 32 machine with NOD32 for anti-virus, in case you're keeping score. :)

Hi Christian,Would it be possible to store the images in a user selected folder rather than in FSX? I keep all of my scenery on a separate drive from FSX, which means it is easier to keep them defragmented.George

Here is what I have flying over the Los Angeles area. What do you think is happening? Is my 1MB connection too slow?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I don't think you have a connection.Here is what I see over the Grand Canyon, average frame rate is 40 :-eek

Guest cbuchner1

You can pick a separate installation path in the installer, but in your scenery.cfg you would have to manually change the paths to the WORLDxxxx folders to point to the different drive.tileproxy by default monitors the drive that it has been installed on, therefore install the TileProxy application on your scenery drive and don't forget to fix your scenery.cfg to load its WORLD folders from a different location.I will improve the installer to do that automatically once I get a chance.

Guest cbuchner1

You have set your attachment to be of TEXT type, so the attachment must be downloaded first and the extension changed to jpg to view.But hey, my Grand Canyon shots are crisper. ;)Try locking your framerate to 20. The excess CPU time will then go into loading scenery.