Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Starting from a 'cold & dark' state

Hi,New to the FSX version of FS2Crew for the LDS 767 what is the correct procedure/time to start FS2Crew if you want to start from a cold and dark flightdeck?Just started to read the manual and checking the tutorial but that one is based on the APU etc are already running when you start FS2Crew if I'm right - I would rather like to start from a cold and dark state.Thanks in advance,

Richard Åsberg

Hi,Just load a 'cold and dark' panel state. I believe the LDS 767 ships with one if memory serves correct.The FS2Crew FO in the LDS 767 can "read" the positions of all the switches, so it shouldn't be a problem if you don't use the FS2Crew panel state.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,OK, sounds good but I still wonder how that will turn out and when is the right time to start FS2Crew since one of the first things the FO will do when you start FS2Crew is set the IRS position in the FMC and that won't work until you have some power in the a/c or am I missing something here?Put simply, will FS2Crew work and will the FO be able to do his stuff if I start FS2Crew before the a/c has it's APU running etc?

Richard Åsberg

Well, in that case :-) , I'd suggest waiting for you to bring the power on-line before the FS2Crew FO starts his before start flow. I'd have to check the manual to see how many minutes the FO will wait before starting his flow after 'activating' FS2Crew.And even if the FO does make a mistake, you can still correct him :-) That's part of the Capt's job! Double check each other's work!Bryan

:-)OK Bryan, roger that!Just completed my first FS2Crew flight with the FSX version of the 767 and can't say I felt too confident but it went pretty much OK and I'm sure everything will be more smooth for every flight you do.Very nice program you've made Bryan, it sure adds ALOT to the sense of realism and I haven't been using it since the 737NG version for FS9 so I almost forgot how real it makes your flights feel!!One question though and I'm not sure how or even if it would be possible but I think it would be great if it wasn't so easy to make a mistake by simply pressing a key to early or something similar that if you're out of luck could ruin the whole FS2Crew flow for your flight. I'm sure you already considered this and guess it just can't be done in a more "user-friendly" way in regard to this...just a thought.Well...time to jump from the cockpit and straight to the bed here now and catch some sleep!

Richard Åsberg

Thank you for the kind words :-)The 737 version (the first FS2Crew ever) was a bit finicky if you didn't follow the intended flow.You'll find the 767 and subsequent versions to be much more resilient, so to speak. It's harder for the user to bungle it up (but you can still do that if you try hard enough :-) )Bryan