Sign in to follow this  
wheelerbg

Voice Segments New or Same as previous Product?

I just purchased the PMDG 747-400X and am considering buying the new FS2Crew for it. I heard some of the default FSX 747 FS2Crew communications and was wondering if the PMDG voice segments, such as PA briefings, checklist briefings, interaction with FA and copilot, etc. have been re-done for the PMDG version? Or are they the same dialogs brought over from the previous product(s).I really liked how the inter-crew communications gave a sense of when things should normally happen and what they sound like. Obviously a big part of how interesting your product is. Thanks for the info.Barrie Wheeler

Yes, thank you, Bryan. Congratulations on your new partnership with PMDG on FS2Crew for the 400X. This makes me wonder if there will be any revision to FS2Crew. For example:In the 747-400X, PMDG updates/revises (in comparison to their FS9 version) some of the dialogues that take place. The interaction with the ground crew around engine start/pushback appears to be more complete and a bit more professional. This makes their excellent product even better.In light of your new cooperative efforts with PMDG, will you possibly be re-working any of the FS2Crew crew/ground/PA dialogues? I think that would make your excellent product even better. Having almost 5000 hours in the C-130 Hercules (navigator, not pilot), I've been a part of a lot of crew communications, interaction with ground/command post/PA, etc. A revision may be worth thinking about now that you've made the considerable move to FSX. Those communications are such a super part of the whole experience. My humble input is to consider an update with a touch more detail in the communications area. Is this feasible without an all-consuming effort?Many thanks,Barrie

Hello Barrie,Thank you for the kind words.As for changing dialogs, I'm always open to suggestions.Bear in mind, however, the current dialogs were scripted by current a 747 FO, so what you're seeing is pretty much the real McCoy to a large degree (at least in the context of his airline and his personal experience and what is realistically possible within the confines of a computer simulation). I don't know much about military communications... I have no doubt however the military has their own unique phraseologies and ways doing things which may be different from the civilian world.Cheers,Bryan

Guest beuke438

That's great, but i can't seem to get any sound out of it for now.Why is that please.Daan.

Guest beuke438

Yes, idon't hear the voices.I did follow the tutorial, and up to the point that brings up the buttons of the mail pannel, i don't hear anything.You said that they're just .wav files. but can you olso tell me where they can be found.Because iacan't find them in the main directory of fs crew in the main FSX folder.Thanks for youre help, and if you don't have the time for it just yet, Happy Hollydays.Daan.

Guest beuke438

Oke, updated drivers.The sounds are there.And i'm running DX10.Olso reinstalled FScrew.No luck.Now wath.

Hi,You can install DirectX 9C and still have DirectX 10 (Vista) on your system with no problems.DirectX 9C and 10 can co-habitate on the same system.If reinstalling/repairing DirectX 9C doesn't do the trick, email me and I'll give you one-on-one support.All the best,Bryan