Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Vtbs2008

Anyone else having trouble downloading this one? I am getting this. vtbs2008_v10RAR File 9,379KB. Problem is I can't/don't know how to open this and get it going.Rooster

Malcolm Hancock

A RAR file needs something other than Winzip to open it. 7-Zip will unpack it which is all you need (and it is free!!).

A RAR file needs something other than Winzip to open it. 7-Zip will unpack it which is all you need (and it is free!!).
Thanks for that! I've only just come across those irritating RAR files and didn't have a clue how to open them - unless, of course I wanted to buy another piece of software.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I installed this new scenery, but it seems that all AI and my own AC are buried into the ground. Is anyone else having this problem???Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

So far I haven't been able to download it from their website.But I've seen a promo video at YouTube and ground servirce cars were flying above the ground (nose up a bit).To anyone who uses it: is it worth downloading and installing? What is the overall quality?Best regards,Rafal

I can't download either, but am beginning to think it might be worth waiting a while for any bugs to be fixed.

Gavin Barbara

I installed this new scenery, but it seems that all AI and my own AC are buried into the ground. Is anyone else having this problem???Bill M
This problem is related to Martin Strong's VTBD (vtbd2004.zip) Bankok scenery. Check if you have this scenery installed and if so, a flatten will be needed around the VTBS airport to bring ground level back. The other option is to disable the VTBD scenery.I find no problems with the vtbs.zip scenery that adds significantly to the surroundings of VBTS.Bruce

This problem is related to Martin Strong's VTBD (vtbd2004.zip) Bankok scenery. Check if you have this scenery installed and if so, a flatten will be needed around the VTBS airport to bring ground level back. The other option is to disable the VTBD scenery.I find no problems with the vtbs.zip scenery that adds significantly to the surroundings of VBTS.Bruce
Thanks for the info. I do have the VTBD scenery installed. I still use them both. Maybe i 'll go back to the VTBS 2006 version until a flatten is made.Thanks Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Thanks for the info. I do have the VTBD scenery installed. I still use them both. Maybe i 'll go back to the VTBS 2006 version until a flatten is made.Thanks Bill M
I tested the scenery for the designer and pointed out the problem with the VTBD scenery, but there was a email server problem on his end and he didn't get the reports until after he released the scenery. He said he was going to add a flatten and work on some of the other issues I reported. Bruce

I tested the scenery for the designer and pointed out the problem with the VTBD scenery, but there was a email server problem on his end and he didn't get the reports until after he released the scenery. He said he was going to add a flatten and work on some of the other issues I reported. Bruce
Thanks for the info Bruce.

Gavin Barbara