Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefrog

New Graphics Card For Fsx?

My system specs are as below. I can run FSX ok without autogen and get very good frame rates (30-60) but with SP2 installed, panning around the cockpit is jerky. I'm guessing that an upgrade from my lowly nvidia 6800 would help. Has anyone any recommendations for a (mid-range priced) replacement card that would improve things? I think my PC has PC Express. The other thing is would the power supply be sufficient for a graphics card upgrade?ThanksFrog

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My system specs are as below. I can run FSX ok without autogen and get very good frame rates (30-60) but with SP2 installed, panning around the cockpit is jerky. I'm guessing that an upgrade from my lowly nvidia 6800 would help. Has anyone any recommendations for a (mid-range priced) replacement card that would improve things? I think my PC has PC Express. The other thing is would the power supply be sufficient for a graphics card upgrade?ThanksFrog
A 9800 GTX/GTX+ should do the trick at a decent price - starting @ $150 on Newegg. Still one of the best cards on the market for FSX, only being surpassed by its more expensive brethren at *extremely* high settings such as 2560x1600 resolution with 8x AA or higher. Hope this helps,Max

Just be sure the power supply can handle it....Hard to know sometimes with Dell, as far as what they put in their puters...

Just be sure the power supply can handle it....Hard to know sometimes with Dell, as far as what they put in their puters...
The Dimension 9150 uses a model K8956 PSU which has dual 18A +12V rails. More than enough to handle a 9800 GTX. No worries! :)