Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Padgett

Stopping Extra Tasks When?

There is no technical reason that would reason that it would matter when you stop extra tasks, but my PC seems to respond better if I close extra tasks After FSX is running.Has anyone else tried both before and after and received different results between the two?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is a well known and well loved "tweak" to assist with MSFS, and indeed many other programs. In fact, flight simmer Ken Salter wrote a great utility known as AlacrityPC to help with the task.Take a look!

I think what he means is that he gets better results stopping services after FSX has booted up. Interesting and worth a look.

I think what he means is that he gets better results stopping services after FSX has booted up. Interesting and worth a look.
You are correct... It could be an anomaly, so I was wondering if any one else has seen the same!!

This is a well known and well loved "tweak" to assist with MSFS, and indeed many other programs. In fact, flight simmer Ken Salter wrote a great utility known as AlacrityPC to help with the task.Take a look!
I have a win XP and have been using FS Autostart.I want to get AlacrityPC but how do I tell if I have 32 or 64 bit?Thanks,Ron

I have a win XP and have been using FS Autostart.I want to get AlacrityPC but how do I tell if I have 32 or 64 bit?Thanks,Ron
Negate the post.I have it installed and working.Thanks,Ron