Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest meekal

Wing-tip Strobes

Hi guys,The high intensity strobe lights on the wing-tips of the MD-11 are rather unusual. I wonder if they are realistic. Thet strobes do not flash for a long 3-4 seconds, maybe longer. As we all know, the whole point of these high-intensity strobes is to provide visibility even in haze and high cloud because they can be seen for miles. They are usually designed to flash with high frequency. Just curious about the MD-11 design.Meekal

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi guys,The high intensity strobe lights on the wing-tips of the MD-11 are rather unusual. I wonder if they are realistic. Thet strobes do not flash for a long 3-4 seconds, maybe longer. As we all know, the whole point of these high-intensity strobes is to provide visibility even in haze and high cloud because they can be seen for miles. They are usually designed to flash with high frequency. Just curious about the MD-11 design.Meekal
The strobes flash twice every 2.5 seconds. This is realistic.VinPMDG

OK, thanks. Meekal

How do you make strobe lights brighter? They seem very dull and shockwave lights doesn't do anything better unless I am doing something wrong.Right now, have default strobe lights on, not shockwave.Is there a way to make them brighter?

The limitation is due to wing flex... if the tips didn't move then you could do any of the light mods available. This is my (limited) understanding.

The limitation is due to wing flex... if the tips didn't move then you could do any of the light mods available. This is my (limited) understanding.
Thanks