Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Go Around

I had to go around today on approach to EDDF 25R because another aircraft was on the runway. The GA logic in FS2Crew worked flawlessly, but I have a question: Is it possible to not go all the way to a clean configuration, but stop at flaps 15 and start the next approach from there? The VATSIM controller vectored me around a short circuit to a new approach, and the clean maneouvering speed was a bit too much in that situation.Thanks,Tom

I had to go around today on approach to EDDF 25R because another aircraft was on the runway. The GA logic in FS2Crew worked flawlessly, but I have a question: Is it possible to not go all the way to a clean configuration, but stop at flaps 15 and start the next approach from there? The VATSIM controller vectored me around a short circuit to a new approach, and the clean maneouvering speed was a bit too much in that situation.Thanks,Tom
Hello Tom,Off hand that would not be possible. I'll look into adding a way to do that for the next update. It shouldn't be hard to implement that request.Best,

I'll look into adding a way to do that for the next update. It shouldn't be hard to implement that request.
Thanks for looking into this - excellent support :( Tom

Thanks for looking into this - excellent support B) Tom
Okay, I just coded it in.The way it works is this:With the Checklist/Mode displaying 'Slats - Flaps ' in the window, "Right Click" with your mouse the checklist/mode dialog window.This will result in the Slats and Flaps 15 calls being skipped.Accordingly, when you press the Green Button, the first call/command in sequence will be: "Flaps 28".This function will be in the initial FS9 version release, and it will be in the next FSX version service update.Other good news is that PMDG came through for me on the 45 percent N2 calls during engine start. I can now determine 45 percent N2 accurately, whereas previously I had to rely on timing, which resulted in inaccurate calls more often than not :( :( :(

Other good news is that PMDG came through for me on the 45 percent N2 calls during engine start. I can now determine 45 percent N2 accurately, whereas previously I had to rely on timing, which resulted in inaccurate calls more often than not :( :( :(
I saw that, great news. B)