Sign in to follow this  
ETOPS3_TTV

Question About Ariane Design

Hello everyone, Now I know and have read a lot about this product and its reviews but I still have a question... Don't want to start a negative thread just looking for some info... 1. With the 737-800ng if you have it, can it be used without the cockpit/flight deck? 2. Are you able to adjust the veiw point for wingviews? 3. Can you take the panel folder and rename it to old then use a default panel which might give you the views I'm looking for.I would like as i do with most of my aircraft is to adjust the view point so when I glance left or right I'm looking over the wing. Now just seeing if this can be done with their aircraft. I used to back in FS9 but now I'm running FSX. Oh and I wish FS would alow you to assign views to your hat switch on the joystick. I hate having to hit "S" key then "A" key to look over the wing. I just like to glance back and forth. Like PMDG puts all that hard work into those wings and do they look sweet...! Thanks for your input and hope you all are doing well and have a great Holidays....!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Whenever I see a product touting "the best this" and "the best that", i get suspicious.He's the snake oil salesman of the commercial aircraft developers.Here's a guy who runs a business from his garage and makes it look like he has corporate offices.I overpaid for the 737-900 to begin with because it was the only commercial (and might still be) NG on the market.I uninstalled it to make a fresh FSX install, and when I reinstalled it, it would not activate anymore.By the way - the activation process is a mix between paranoid programming, confusing, and insulting.There's actual an "activation for dummies" guide that is inaccurate and contradicts all the other instructions.So when I go to reinstall, the key won't work any longer and he wants to charge $20 to reactivate saying reactivation's aren't in his budget. Then the liveries are another add-on that you pay for. No paint kit. And a long paragraph of BS on how end user repaints would make his product unrealistic.Too bad - nice plane - almost worth $30 - not $100 + limited liveries + engine packs - $150 - $175?There's many dead switches on the plane and the FMC is sub-par compared to other products.Read the defensive and sarcastic language in the manuals and you will see he's miles from the other professional companies.Bob

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Hey, Thanks for the reply I understand all the bad blood and drama... I'm sorry for the issues... The one thing I really want to know is if I can delete the panel folder add in default 800 panel and use the aircraft and be able to see the wings/engines if I were to pan around. I don't want to hit the "S" key then "A" key to see the wings... I just like to glance back... I use to have the A/C for FS9 and I remember it being close to the best model. PMDG hands down was better inside the flight deck but the wings in my own opinion were more realistic on Ariane A/C. Don't get me wrong I love PMDG and can't wait for the 737NGX but I have to say I like to have wing views when I fly... It takes to long to hit all the above keys to see the wings and then back to flight deck... Thanks again and sorry for your expirence... Wish you all a Happy Holidays..!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

The OP said he'd read a lot about the product and didn't want to start a negative thread and then asked some specific questions. Your reply was a rant about the iniquities of Ariane and didn't even attempt to deal with the questions.Why?

I don't want to hit the "S" key then "A" key to see the wings...
With a right mouse click you can go to any view instantly.Gerrit

With a right mouse click you can go to any view instantly.Gerrit
Gerrit Do you mind explaining this...? I usually just like to use the hat switch on my joystick to see a view... The other option I have used and not to fond of it is "S" key then "A"...Thanks. Will

5Take Care, Will Clark

The OP said he'd read a lot about the product and didn't want to start a negative thread and then asked some specific questions. Your reply was a rant about the iniquities of Ariane and didn't even attempt to deal with the questions.Why?
Seems you've added less value than me. You didn't answer the question either.My point was (aside from the rant), save your money and don't bother with the AD product.It looked like the X version was under consideration by the OP.If it was already purchased, then I misread.What was your point? Just being a forum cop?Bob

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World