Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Flaps 50 Approaches And Other Stuff

Hello again,I've noted a small, mostly cosmetic, issue with flaps 50 approaches. The text on the green button says "50" after flaps 28 has been extended and gear is down, but the actual call and flap setting made by FS2Crew is flaps 35. Another press of the green button (now blank) is required to get the final flap setting and checklist. Flaps 50 is correctly set in the control panel and included in the spoken approach brief. I've done this several times now and the result is always the same.I've had one go-around from flaps 50 where the FS2Crew flap retract sequence was out of sync with the actual flap setting, and I had to retract manually to clean. I was busy at the time so didn't make good notes, but I think the retract sequence was one notch off - as if FS2Crew thought I was retracting beginning at flaps 35 instead of flaps 50. Or maybe just a fluke, I'll let you know if it happens again. The approach was established at flaps 50 and final checklist read before the go around.I fly the freighter model almost exclusively, but I've (once in about 10 flights) had a call from the purser to get a new seat bottom from OPS. I verified that I had indeed selected the "freighter" model in the FS2Crew control panel. (Edit: Just got a call from the purser to order more crew meals from OPS, also in freighter mode)I have the same issue with windshield anti-ice that another user reported. I select windshield anti-ice myself before descent, and during the after landing flow the copilot switches off the right-hand windshield anti-ice only. Going through the FS2Crew tutorial flight (with a PAX model), he only switches on the right side.I 'm using the widescreen panel. I noted that reinstalling fixed it for the other user reporting the problem, but I have not tried that myself.All really minor stuff, but I thought you might want to know.Tom

Hello again,I've noted a small, mostly cosmetic, issue with flaps 50 approaches. The text on the green button says "50" after flaps 28 has been extended and gear is down, but the actual call and flap setting made by FS2Crew is flaps 35. Another press of the green button (now blank) is required to get the final flap setting and checklist. Flaps 50 is correctly set in the control panel and included in the spoken approach brief. I've done this several times now and the result is always the same.I've had one go-around from flaps 50 where the FS2Crew flap retract sequence was out of sync with the actual flap setting, and I had to retract manually to clean. I was busy at the time so didn't make good notes, but I think the retract sequence was one notch off - as if FS2Crew thought I was retracting beginning at flaps 35 instead of flaps 50. Or maybe just a fluke, I'll let you know if it happens again. The approach was established at flaps 50 and final checklist read before the go around.I fly the freighter model almost exclusively, but I've (once in about 10 flights) had a call from the purser to get a new seat bottom from OPS. I verified that I had indeed selected the "freighter" model in the FS2Crew control panel. (Edit: Just got a call from the purser to order more crew meals from OPS, also in freighter mode)I have the same issue with windshield anti-ice that another user reported. I select windshield anti-ice myself before descent, and during the after landing flow the copilot switches off the right-hand windshield anti-ice only. Going through the FS2Crew tutorial flight (with a PAX model), he only switches on the right side.I 'm using the widescreen panel. I noted that reinstalling fixed it for the other user reporting the problem, but I have not tried that myself.All really minor stuff, but I thought you might want to know.Tom
Hello Tom,Thanks for the report. I'll see if I can reproduce the Flaps 50 issue.For the anti-ice, please try the normal (non widescreen panel.cfg) and see if it happens with it.Did you install the latest update?Please email me at : admin@fs2crew.com I'd like to get some specific info on your monitor settings regarding anti-ice buttons.Best,