Sign in to follow this  
tunnelcat

Getting Your Banners To Display

I don't know how many people have run into this, but the old method in your pinned banner topic doesn't seem to work right in the new forum. What I finally had to do was use BBCode to get the image to appear. For example:This is what shows if you just paste the link into the signature box:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpgIt will become this if you add - img encased in square brackets at the beginning of the string - and /img encased in square brackets - at the end of the string:pmdg_744F.jpgLook in the BB Code help box when you post.Paste this, or one of the other .jpgs from PMDG you like into the signature box and hit the 'add' button. Have others also found this problem or did I just do it wrong when I first tried it? This was the only way I could get it to show the image properly.Kim

Hi Kim,When I add my signature banners I receive 'Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed'.What do you think I am doing wrong?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Copy and paste this code to your signature.

[img=http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg]

To get this:747400.jpgThe other dynamic image from your VA isn't supported.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Kim,When I add my signature banners I receive 'Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed'.What do you think I am doing wrong?Cheers, Richard
Yes, in the new system, we are able to prevent dynamic images from being placed in signatures. The reason we do that is to prevent hostile code also being embedded in those images.

Andy,Many thanks. Working now.I can't imagine what 'hostile code' might mean!Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Andy,Many thanks. Working now.I can't imagine what 'hostile code' might mean!Cheers, Richard
Animated images can include functions that can be really nasty to your computer. That's what I mean by 'hostile code'. After all the years of dealing with virus' and Trojans, you would think that folks would have a protection system on their computers. Sadly, that is not the case and there are those out there that will exploit that fact. We are just trying to protect our readership.

Perhaps the good folks at PMDG will alter their sticky banner post to reflect the new forum procedures and end the confusion. Glad you got your signature worked out Richard. I should have used the BBCode to show the actual string entry to be more clear. Thanks Andy.Kim

I had the same problem too, whatever I tried I just couldn't get my "Proud NG Driver" to appear. Andy kindly posted the solution in an earlier thread. Thanks again!!

Thanks, finally got mine to work (I hope - we'll see after I post this one...)The stickied post with all the signature banners needs an update.