Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johan_Dees

Bloom!

Hi,Played a bit again with the Bloom plugin, and with my 8800GTX card I see barely a fps hit after fiddling with the settings.I downloaded the latest usable version here: http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru (get http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/enbseries_gta3_v0075.zip) and using the ini settings below works very well.Anyone has further recommendations?

[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=1ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=1BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=1QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=0UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0[INPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=120KeyOcclusion=121KeyReflection=122KeyCombination=16KeyShadow=119KeyWater=118KeyScreenshot=44KeyShowFPS=106[REFLECTION]ReflectionPower=15ChromePower=10UseCurrentFrameReflection=0ReflectionQuality=2ReflectionSourceSpecular=50ReflectionSourceTFactor=50UseAdditiveReflection=0ReflectionDepthBias=0UseLowResReflection=0ReflectionSinglePass=1UseEnvBump=1EnvBumpAmount=100EnvBumpOffset=100ReflectionFlip=0[BLOOM]BloomPowerDay=12BloomFadeTime=200BloomConstantDay=1BloomQuality=2BloomScreenLevelDay=60BloomCurveDay=3BloomPowerNight=30BloomConstantNight=5BloomCurveNight=3BloomScreenLevelNight=20BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=80BloomAdaptationMultiplier=10BloomAllowOversaturation=0BloomMaxLimit=10[SSAO]UseFilter=1OcclusionQuality=2FilterQuality=1DarkeningLevel=30BrighteningLevel=30IlluminationLevel=30AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30UseAmbientOcclusion=1UseIndirectLightning=1FadeDistance=50UseIndirectLighting=1UseForAlphaTest=1UseForAlphaBlend=1[COLORCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=3ScreenLevelDay=60ScreenLevelNight=20DarkeningAmountNight=-25GammaCurveDay=0GammaCurveNight=0ColorSaturationDay=0ColorSaturationNight=0UsePaletteTexture=0[PLUGIN]WeatherMod=0[WATER]UseWaterDeep=1WaterDeepness=20WaterQuality=2UseWaterTexture=0WaterTextureAmount=30[SHADOW]ShadowFadeStart=40ShadowFadeEnd=80ShadowAmountDay=60ShadowAmountNight=30ShadowScreenLevelDay=60ShadowScreenLevelNight=20ShadowQuality=2UseShadowFilter=0FilterQuality=1ShadowBlurRange=30[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=1MaxAnisotropy=4ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60[MOTIONBLUR]MotionBlurQuality=1MotionBlurVelocity=10MotionBlurRotation=10[PERPIXELLIGHTING]SpecularColorMin=0SpecularColorMax=100SpecularColorMultiplier=100SpecularGlossinessMin=0SpecularGlossinessMax=100SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100[DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=0DOFNumberOfPasses=1DOFFocusRange=50DOFBlurinessRange=5[OBJECT]UseReflectiveBump=0

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Played a bit again with the Bloom plugin, and with my 8800GTX card I see barely a fps hit after fiddling with the settings.I downloaded the latest usable version here: http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru (get http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/enbseries_gta3_v0075.zip) and using the ini settings below works very well.Anyone has further recommendations?
Hi Johan,The overall effect with these settings is good and the FPS hit is minimal. However, I am getting flickering (intermittant lightening and darkening of the screen) problems with the main 2D view (about 1-2 Hz) and I can't see what is causing it! Most visible during dusk/dawn/night but actually present most of the time (obviously goes away with shift-F12). Any idea what is wrong?Cheers,Geoff

Geoff,you say "with main 2D view"... are you using a second monitor? I found out that the bloom plugin doesn't work (properly) whenever the second screen is active - when a sub-panel is pulled from the main to the secondary monitor. Has anyone found a solution for that? Other than that, I am also seeing a negligible FPS hit with settings very similar to Johan's. Regards,Jure

Geoff,you say "with main 2D view"... are you using a second monitor? I found out that the bloom plugin doesn't work (properly) whenever the second screen is active - when a sub-panel is pulled from the main to the secondary monitor. Has anyone found a solution for that? Other than that, I am also seeing a negligible FPS hit with settings very similar to Johan's. Regards,Jure
In this case, only one monitor. I ment the forward view (panel etc) but not the VC. I specified this because I got no problems if I closed the panel or if I looked at a side view... Something to do with having several layers on the screen? Might be related to a dual-screen problem...Geoff

In this case, only one monitor. I ment the forward view (panel etc) but not the VC. I specified this because I got no problems if I closed the panel or if I looked at a side view... Something to do with having several layers on the screen? Might be related to a dual-screen problem...Geoff
I've tried seeing what light bloom looks like in FSX but it turns the entire screen white on my XP system. It doesn't matter what views I try, solid white screen. So, I turned it off completely. Never tried to troubleshoot why I can't get light bloom to work correctly.