Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyinjoe

What's The Benefit To Running Asx\asa Networked

I've read a number of threads about people running ASX\ASA over a network via SimConnect. I was wondering what the benefit to doing this was? I have a computer downstatirs that I could easily network to my flight sim rig. Is it worth doing this? What are the benefits? Does it help free up my sim rig so that runs FSX better?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've read a number of threads about people running ASX\ASA over a network via SimConnect. I was wondering what the benefit to doing this was? I have a computer downstatirs that I could easily network to my flight sim rig. Is it worth doing this? What are the benefits? Does it help free up my sim rig so that runs FSX better?
Frees up your FS computer resources.TanksAndy

I run networked because I run FSX full-screen. That way, I can have ASX and my charts up on my second computer, without having to task switch on my main FS computer.When you task switch in full screen mode, it's kind of a hassle.

Thanks for the answers guys. Maybe I will try running ASX\ASA off this old laptop I have. The idea of not having to switch tasks is a good one.

Well, personally, I do it to get every single frame rate I can out of the server PC. Running apps off-loaded onto a second PC frees up more processor time for FSX to run. :)first PC is ONLY FSX, nothing else. Secondary runs FSInn for VATSIM online, FSCommander for moving map and GPS, and ASA.