Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Allensworth

New Poll - How Woud You Rate The Forums?

Forums Poll  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes you:

• I was initially opposed to the new forums and still don't like them
    • I was initially opposed to the new forums and have grown to accept them
    • I was initially opposed to the new forums and now like them
    • I initially liked the new forums and still do
    • I initially like the new forums and like them even better with the additions since
    • I really do not have an opinion one way or the other

Well, it's been nearly a month that we have had the new forums online. What do you think now? Take the poll and post any comments or suggestions you may have here.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I like the new format since the first day, definitely an upgrade from the old one IMHO. Good job!!BTW, what's the new Downloads section about, isn't it accessible to members?Happy new year to all!

I like the new format since the first day, definitely an upgrade from the old one IMHO. Good job!!BTW, what's the new Downloads section about, isn't it accessible to members?Happy new year to all!
We are experimenting and it is not open to the public at this time. :(

We are experimenting and it is not open to the public at this time. :(
Oh great! New features...It's getting better and better here. :(

Like most polls, yours is designed to solicit the answers you want to see, which does not include mine.I initially liked the new format, but the more I use it, the less I like it. The server is not functioning as well, and the administration seems to have changed drastically. In some forums, too many topics are locked almost immediately after the initial post, for no apparent reason.

Like most polls, yours is designed to solicit the answers you want to see, which does not include mine.
Well, I don't know how that is possible since we gave you every possible perturbation of an answer choice. But by all means, give me some suggestions on additional answers. I will be happy to incorporate them in the next version of this poll.
I initially liked the new format, but the more I use it, the less I like it. The server is not functioning as well, and the administration seems to have changed drastically. In some forums, too many topics are locked almost immediately after the initial post, for no apparent reason.
By all accounts and including our behind-the-scenes monitoring of the system, the server is doing spectacularly well. In fact, given the activity, I am amazed that it isn't on its knees. Your connection path might have issues; did you do the usual checks?As for the admin aspect of it, that is not the fault of the forum software, but our ability to better detect violations of our terms of use or questionable posts. Which is a good thing; don't you think?

The new forums were a welcome sight, and I was thrilled to see Avsim adopt IPB, one of the best forum systems on the web. And so far, with all the new additions, it has only gotten better! :( :(

I do appreciate all the work and the continuing tweaking to the layout. It is feeling a bit better but still. The new forum changed my reading habbits and I find that I visit / read the forum less then before.