Sign in to follow this  
Guest kohenen

How To Enter Aloft Wind Data In Fmc

Guest kohenen

Hi, When I go to the LEGS page in FMC and enter the aloft wind data in this format "100/10/5" (FL100 wind 100 degree at 5 knots), it prompts invalid entries. Can anyone advice the correct format and where can I find the information in PMDG user guide?Referring the PMDG FMC user guide, it is not guarantee the W> entries are operative. Does it mean the FMC will not calculate the fuel consumption and the flight profile using these manual entered aloft wind data at the waypoints?Regards,Thomas

The FMC doesn't require the FL to be entered at this location. I use the average as determined by ActiveSky and enter it thusly: 100/56 (wind from 100*@56kts.) This is on the 737. I assume it is the same on other Boeing planes.Jim D.

Guest kohenen
Same on the 747X.
So it have same values for all altitude? It's also like this in real FMC?

The winds aloft data you enter has been retrieved from a specific altitude. So if you use Fsbuild and Activesky, you can input your cruise altitude and then fsbuild will get the winds aloft data from active sky for that altitude. In the real world, most FMCs have data uplinks to allow the winds aloft to be automatically entered and updated while on route.

Someone will correct me if i am wrong, but in the LEG's page you can only enter speed/altitude.However, you can enter wind aloft data, and these data are used to calculate the descend in VNAV => go to the VNAV page 3/3, then select [forecast] :Here you can enter the FL for the arrival airport, and untherneat there are three free spaces where you can enter wind aloft data (thus three different use the data for the arrival airport).Well, as i said, if i am wrong someone hopefully will correct me ...I am talking about the B744 - have no idea for the MD11!Happy Newyear ;-)

In the legs page, I think on lsk 6r there is rte data. Here you can enter the wind direction and speed for each different waypoint. You can also access this through FMC COMM if my memory serves me right,

In the legs page, I think on lsk 6r there is rte data. Here you can enter the wind direction and speed for each different waypoint. You can also access this through FMC COMM if my memory serves me right,
Learnt something new, thanks :( Never have used that page before, looks interesting.Now the art is to get the correct windsettings as mentioned here by other members.