Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahinterl

Extreme Startup Times For Asa Program Startup

The time ASA needs to load and initialize is extremely long (I don't have the internet always on). Any plans to improve this?Andreas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The time ASA needs to load and initialize is extremely long (I don't have the internet always on). Any plans to improve this?Andreas
What are your computer specs?

What are your computer specs?
Specs don't seem to make a difference on this one, I run @ 4.4 with DDR3@1400 and ASA takes at least 5x as long as FS does to load. With ASV my weather was loaded within 2 minutes of FS loading, with ASA it is easily 4-5 minutes beyond the 2 ASV did abd for the first time I find myself really sitting and waiting for my weather.But as another posted below the time issues and winds over the Atlantic have forced me back to ASV for now anyway.Best of luck to HiFi getting these issues resolved. and Happy New Year everyone!!!-Paul

What I've noticed is that ASA's initial load is slow, but once it's ready, the Wx loads into the sim (FS9) really fast. Hasn't been an issue for me since I just start it first and let it go while planning my flight with charts and fuel numbers, but it should be faster. I wonder what makes it slow? Is it DLing a complete list of Wx for everywhere with METARs or what?

Hi,Not sure if this is FS04 or FSX.A few things:1. There is much more going on at startup, download, and processing then in previous programs.2. We send data to FSUIPC as fast as it can handle it. Any faster and errors would start to take place.Thanks!

With ASV my weather was loaded within 2 minutes of FS loading, with ASA it is easily 4-5 minutes beyond the 2 ASV did abd for the first time I find myself really sitting and waiting for my weather.
Oh, you are used to ASv6. Well, then yes, ASA's boot time must be quite a shock for you. However, compared to ASX, I think the load time is about the same with ASA.