Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Fmc: Airport "not In Database"

I have spent almost an hour and a half online now reading posts to try and fix this, but all in vain so far: lots of posts on the subject but no definitive answer that I can locate. Can someone please help?If I enter VTBS (the new Bangkok Suvarnabhumi) into the FMC I get 'NOT IN DATABASE'. So how do I get it into the database? I don't find an airport.dat file for PMDG, but I downloaded the SID/STARS (txt file) from www.navdata.at, putting it into the SIDSTARS folder. Restart FS9, load the 737: same result. 'Not in Database'.The airport is in the airport.dat file in the FMCWP/Navdata folder.What do I need to do to be able to use this airport with the 737 FMC?Many thanks!Martin

Don't use anything from www.navdata.at. You will note that everything there is at least a couple of years old.Update your data from navigraph. The data includes both navdata (airac) and sidstars.Always use same cycle sidstar and navdata. Current cycle (0813) navdata has VTBS. In order for an airport to "work" it needs to be in airport.dat, wpNavAPT.txt and a sidstar file (VTBS.txt) and the runway numbering in the sidstar needs to agree with the data in the wpNavAPT.txt file.Hope this helps/

Dan Downs KCRP

Many thanks for the prompt reply. VTBS is now available to both PMDG and Level-D.martin :-)