Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Looking For Default Be58 Fde

Anyone found a new FDE file for the default Baron? The default dynamics are so dang twitchy - it's even tough to hold her level with trim. Maybe this is like the real thing? Cause I've never flown a Baron in RL.... Any thoughts?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyone found a new FDE file for the default Baron? The default dynamics are so dang twitchy - it's even tough to hold her level with trim. Maybe this is like the real thing? Cause I've never flown a Baron in RL.... Any thoughts?
A rw Baron is anything but twitchy. I adjusted a parameter a long time ago but I can't remember which one it was. I think it may have been turning the pitch trim number up higher-you might want to give it a try. It also should starting to want to literally jump off at 90 knts. and it happens a little later on the fs one.

I almost remember downloading some new files, for a few of the default planes created by Alexander Metzger (sp?) but I can't find the site or files anymore.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I had Dreamfleet's Baron in FS9 which Alex did the fde for. I merged the pertinent parts of the cfg file and used the air file from my FS9 Dreamfleet install in FSX and it works extremely well.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I almost remember downloading some new files, for a few of the default planes created by Alexander Metzger (sp?) but I can't find the site or files anymore.
Google is your best friend, as I used Metzger + flight simulator to get a lead earlier. He updated some default planes, including the King Air, but nothing on his site for the Baron in FSX.

Guest UlfB
Hi,You could try to change some settings in the baron aircraft.cfg file. Look for the section flight_tuning and try to increase the numbers for these items:pitch_stability = 1.0roll_stability = 1.0yaw_stability = 1.0Maybe a value of 1.5 will make the baron feel more stable?If you want to change the amount of applied trim, you could change these items:elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0Ulf B