Sign in to follow this  
Guest hefy_jefy

Direct X 9.a out again and good preformance increase!

Here's the link http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/ I have now seen my first 100 + FPS ever in FS!! Now this happened with the default 172 on climb BUT I still never seen anything that high before. I have all sliders on high except VIS @ 60 miles and no shadows on. Interested in anyone else has seen such an increase in preformance?Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Well, I don't know about 100fps. I downloaded 9.0a last week after I had experienced several FS crashes. Turned out not to be DirectX related and I had to reinstall FS2k2. Before 9.0a I was in the low to mid 30s on fps before and I'm still there. I've never seen anything over 38 yet but that's with 3rd party panels, scenery, etc. All my sliders are maxxed out and I've got every thing running AA, Multi-textures, aircraft & ground shadows, etc. But, bottom line is DirectX 9.0a is pretty stable and runs great.Steve

Randy,Thanks for the information on DirectX 9.0a. I have the previous version(9.0). I presume that to install this new version I just have to run the exe. Can you confirm please??Thanks!!Edmundo---------http://pwp.netcabo.pt/ega

Edmundo Azevedo

Just a note here, there was one released a week ago or so and Microsft pulled it but now have re-released it. I also used that previous one and there is a difference on my machine. Download the installer and it will download the files needed and install.Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Looks like the DirectX 9.0a Install is a web installer. The download was pretty small, 291KB, Any idea how big the download is when you run the installer and it connects to the web to pull down all the components? Thanks,Mark

Considering the problems with the original DX9, have you tried this latest with both MP sessions and Vatsim Randy?Rgds

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Just curious, what driver are you using?

Guest Marvel

well, I'll try soon but I'll wait till somewhere hosted a complete downloaded version. I hate to install via a web installer.

The installer interrogates your system and downloads and installs only the appropriate files - the d/l is anywhere between about 8 meg and over 30 meg. It all depends on where your starting from.ChasW

Hey to allBEFORE install DirectX make a system restorepoint in XP or ME.If you don't like your install you can go back to your old system point.Jan EHAM

Guest N247BK

"DirectX 9.0a End-user Runtime Content Updated: March 28, 2003"This was copied straight from the MS-DX9.0a page.After playing around with DX9.0a on three (3) systems (I get to play when the boss is away): 2 identical HW/SW; the other with a different video card, but all with latest BIOS and video drivers, I saw no difference.Quake and 3D-Mark detected none either.

crvm,What graphic card do you use?Nevermind, I see it now on your posting signature. Sorry.Thanks.J. BirchCFI,CFII,MEIMobile, ALwww.clearedasfiled.com

Guest Stratus_Fractus

I take it you're not running any AA or anything like that?

No LOL not with an original GF3 card at least! At 1280x1024 you really don't need AA, well at least I don't. AA and shadows kill your frame rates and I want the smoothest FPS possible with good screen quality and this setup does that for me. Just look at shot one and tell me if you see any jaggies?Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Well, not really, but then again IQ isn't too great either. Any aniso filtering?