Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeff_B

Screen resolution PMDG MD-11 FSX

Hi all, just wondering what others have as the setting to get the best appearand of the 2D panel for PMDG MD-11 in FSX.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Depends on your monitor and video card. I use 1600x1200 for simming and everything else I do with the 'puter. That keeps the small icons visible to an old man with a 21-in display, so I guess it depends on your age too.

Depends on your monitor and video card. I use 1600x1200 for simming and everything else I do with the 'puter. That keeps the small icons visible to an old man with a 21-in display, so I guess it depends on your age too.
I got a 24' samsung and set it at1600x1200, I can go up, but I have found that to be best for me. Very crisp...Brett Lucas

Hi all, just wondering what others have as the setting to get the best appearand of the 2D panel for PMDG MD-11 in FSX.
Whatever the native resolution of your LCD monitor would be best...and, of course, the bigger the better monitor (usually)!I've been using a ViewSonic 22" at its native resolution of 1680x1050 and its beautiful. The key is using your monitor's native resolution - any other setting will usually be much more blurry, "soft" and overall not good looking.Cheers!

Hi.First of all I love my PMDG MD-11. But for sure - my wife do not like her! Never mind, it's a fantastic plane to fly. I have had it (FSX version) since it was released. Maybe I should tell you something about my PC.It's a HP xw4600 workstation. CPU is Core2 Quad Q9450 @ 2,66 GHz. RAM = 4 GB. OS is Vista Business SP1 - 32 Bit. The system has 2 HD's. All my FS related programs are installed on Disk FSX and have all rights for reading and writing.I have increased the userva to 2816. This means that I have 2,75 GB Ram for program(s) and 1,25 GB for the operating system and the video card which is a GeForce 9800 GTX (512 MB Ram) with driver 180.48. FS is FSX SP2. I do not have OOM's at all. Some times my system freeze but it's seldom.My monitor is a HP LP2465 (24") and the screen resolution is 1920 x 1200. I have attached a jpg file from a flight from EKCH to ESSA. When at cruise level I normally have 30 - 60 FPS. But it depends a little on the weather. My weather program is ASA. I also use a registered version of FSUIPC. FSUIPC is used to smooth the weather. At the moment ASA cannot be used for that - at least not with a good result. I also use RadarContact 4.3. My flight planner is FlightSim Commander.Please take a closer look at the picture. There's a lot of information in it. I think it describes the quality of this amazing PMDG MD-11. Thanks to all who have been involved in the developing!(English is not my first language - sorry for that).RegardsBoerge