Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

Anti-aliasing problem

Can anyone explain to me why whenever I end a flight in FSX, and go back to the free flight screen, the AA has been 'switched off' ?I enable AA through my ATI graphics card, not FSX's display settings, as many people advise, and all is fine until I want to re-fly the same flight, or set up a new one. The jaggys are back with a vengeance, so I have to exit FSX and sometimes reboot my PC to get FSX to 'remember' my graphics settings. It's not a huge problem obviously, but if there's an easy fix or even an explanation I'd be grateful.Many thanks.Ian

With Nvidia's Control Panel applet I had issues when changing versions/upgrading certain programs that the profile/program link specifying the settings would be corrupted. I learned to erase that programs configuration profile and create a new one. So, in 'Manage 3D Settings' you would choose FSX and then hit the remove button. Sometimes after doing that the program link could not be reestablished and I would have to remove everything Nvidia and then reinstall after a reboot. This on XP/Vista both.

Can anyone explain to me why whenever I end a flight in FSX, and go back to the free flight screen, the AA has been 'switched off' ?I enable AA through my ATI graphics card, not FSX's display settings, as many people advise, and all is fine until I want to re-fly the same flight, or set up a new one. The jaggys are back with a vengeance, so I have to exit FSX and sometimes reboot my PC to get FSX to 'remember' my graphics settings. It's not a huge problem obviously, but if there's an easy fix or even an explanation I'd be grateful.Many thanks.Ian
Enable AA with Trilinear filtering within FSX. In CCC I use '4x box' for the AA setting for my 4870.