Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

MD11-FS9 Parking Brake won't Stay Applied

I'm having a problem trying to make the parking brake stay applied. I have FSUIPC and tried to set in within that program but that didn't work. I also removed the FSUIPC parking brake setting and tried to set it only using FS Options.It will apply then just release on its own....very aggravating. :( I have redownloaded the updated version with no joy. Is there a remedy for this?Thank you,Bob

No idea. My FS9 parking brake works just fine.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

You need HYD pressure. Switch on AUX Pump 1 and wait a few seconds.S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I'm having a problem trying to make the parking brake stay applied. I have FSUIPC and tried to set in within that program but that didn't work. I also removed the FSUIPC parking brake setting and tried to set it only using FS Options.It will apply then just release on its own....very aggravating. :( I have redownloaded the updated version with no joy. Is there a remedy for this?Thank you,Bob
Bob,Do you have left/right brakes assigned to your rudder pedals? Most probably this is causing the parking brake to release. If you have the left/right axis brakes assignment set or calibrated through FSUIPC, remove it from the FSUIPC "axis assignment" and also make sure that in the "joystick calibration" screen left/right brakes show as "not processed".Assign the left/right brake from the FS controls menu and see if this solves your problem. Note that it is important to set correctly the "Reverse" box. Consult your rudder pedals manual on that. I think that for most rudder pedals this box should be ticked (at least this is the case with the Saitek ones I have). You might need to restart FS9 after you make the assignment changes. Let me know if this works. If it works but you still want to have the brakes assigned/calibrated through FSUIPC, this should also be working. Try setting them again through FSUIPC and if you have problems let me know and I can give you some advise.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Bob,Do you have left/right brakes assigned to your rudder pedals? Most probably this is causing the parking brake to release. If you have the left/right axis brakes assignment set or calibrated through FSUIPC, remove it from the FSUIPC "axis assignment" and also make sure that in the "joystick calibration" screen left/right brakes show as "not processed".Assign the left/right brake from the FS controls menu and see if this solves your problem. Note that it is important to set correctly the "Reverse" box. Consult your rudder pedals manual on that. I think that for most rudder pedals this box should be ticked (at least this is the case with the Saitek ones I have). You might need to restart FS9 after you make the assignment changes. Let me know if this works. If it works but you still want to have the brakes assigned/calibrated through FSUIPC, this should also be working. Try setting them again through FSUIPC and if you have problems let me know and I can give you some advise.
Thank you Michael. I do have the brake pedals assigned through FSUIPC. I'll try that later today and let you know.I do have the reverse box checked and there is no "Brakes" showing at the bottom of the screen but I will remove all assignments to the left and right brakes and see if that helps.Now that you mention this, I think I remember going through this same problem with the FSX version.Thanks,Bob

Guest mrca1

Hello !I have the same problem.Now i can set the Parking Break!Thanks for Help :( Timo