Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

signmanbob

MD11-FS9 Parking Brake won't Stay Applied

I'm having a problem trying to make the parking brake stay applied. I have FSUIPC and tried to set in within that program but that didn't work. I also removed the FSUIPC parking brake setting and tried to set it only using FS Options.It will apply then just release on its own....very aggravating. :( I have redownloaded the updated version with no joy. Is there a remedy for this?Thank you,Bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm having a problem trying to make the parking brake stay applied. I have FSUIPC and tried to set in within that program but that didn't work. I also removed the FSUIPC parking brake setting and tried to set it only using FS Options.It will apply then just release on its own....very aggravating. :( I have redownloaded the updated version with no joy. Is there a remedy for this?Thank you,Bob
Bob,Do you have left/right brakes assigned to your rudder pedals? Most probably this is causing the parking brake to release. If you have the left/right axis brakes assignment set or calibrated through FSUIPC, remove it from the FSUIPC "axis assignment" and also make sure that in the "joystick calibration" screen left/right brakes show as "not processed".Assign the left/right brake from the FS controls menu and see if this solves your problem. Note that it is important to set correctly the "Reverse" box. Consult your rudder pedals manual on that. I think that for most rudder pedals this box should be ticked (at least this is the case with the Saitek ones I have). You might need to restart FS9 after you make the assignment changes. Let me know if this works. If it works but you still want to have the brakes assigned/calibrated through FSUIPC, this should also be working. Try setting them again through FSUIPC and if you have problems let me know and I can give you some advise.

Bob,Do you have left/right brakes assigned to your rudder pedals? Most probably this is causing the parking brake to release. If you have the left/right axis brakes assignment set or calibrated through FSUIPC, remove it from the FSUIPC "axis assignment" and also make sure that in the "joystick calibration" screen left/right brakes show as "not processed".Assign the left/right brake from the FS controls menu and see if this solves your problem. Note that it is important to set correctly the "Reverse" box. Consult your rudder pedals manual on that. I think that for most rudder pedals this box should be ticked (at least this is the case with the Saitek ones I have). You might need to restart FS9 after you make the assignment changes. Let me know if this works. If it works but you still want to have the brakes assigned/calibrated through FSUIPC, this should also be working. Try setting them again through FSUIPC and if you have problems let me know and I can give you some advise.
Thank you Michael. I do have the brake pedals assigned through FSUIPC. I'll try that later today and let you know.I do have the reverse box checked and there is no "Brakes" showing at the bottom of the screen but I will remove all assignments to the left and right brakes and see if that helps.Now that you mention this, I think I remember going through this same problem with the FSX version.Thanks,Bob

Hello !I have the same problem.Now i can set the Parking Break!Thanks for Help :( Timo