Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlaam

Another Awesome Flight! (w/ASA)

I just completed another near perfect flight from KMCO to KMEM (FDX 1209) using Active Sky Advanced (ASA). Got some turbulence in flight that didn't disturb the AP, even a couple quick gusts climbing out that didn't effect the AP/AT. ASA performed perfectly, so I can't understand why so many are having problems.This plane is so darn exciting to finally have! Been a great start to a new year.Flight plan details from FlightAware.com are as follows:FDX 1209KMCO --> KMEMCAMDT CTY SZW VUZ LARUE3FL360Departure 9:59 PM ESTFlight time is about 1 hour 42 minutes. A perfect short haul to play with this wonderful bird.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dont be lazy! Do Fedex' MEM-NRT nonstop. That was my first flight in this A/C (after a training long training session) and it performed true to life then as well.

Dont be lazy! Do Fedex' MEM-NRT nonstop. That was my first flight in this A/C (after a training long training session) and it performed true to life then as well.
I did an NRT-MEM flight awhile back. Tons of fun. :(

I can't fly those long hauls, it's just too boring and draining on my poor computer.

Thats cheating Mike...its much more fun (boring) into a steady 70-90KT headwind!
:( I did LAX-NRT prior to that. Not quite as long, I know.Chris, if you want a real short flight, KMCI-KSDF is a nightly UPS flight. Just over an hour long.

Thats cheating Mike...its much more fun (boring) into a steady 70-90KT headwind!
Allan-A couple of hard and fast rules about wind in aviation:1) If the wind is not directly on the nose, it will be from one wingtip or another so as not to help you go faster.2) If a late arrival at the hub will cause you to time out- thus giving you an extra night at home in your own bed, you will get a tail wind unlike any you've ever seen.3) If arriving at the hub on your last flight of the trip, and your connection is tight, you will have a headwind.Just ask any airline pilot.... never fails.