Sign in to follow this  
e_paul

FSX MD-11 MCDU lockup

MD-11 is freezing up when entering airport pairs in MCDU. I had this same problem about a month ago and had to do a full reinstall of FSX :(. The reinstall solved the problem but now it is back again.....after about 10 flights. No new software has been installed. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?????? Very frustrating. I really don't want to have to reinstall FSX every month or so. Thanks,Eric

The is another thread very near on same topic. The developer suggested checking if the have comma for separator instead of period.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have been having this problem too. When I enter the departure/arrival airports the entire computer freezes. Sometimes ctrl-alt-delete works but usually I have to shut down or restart manually. This is the FSX MD-11 with service pack 1 installed. It was doing it before the service pack was installed. I did a uninstall/reinstall of the MD-11 but it still doesn't work properly. I did not have this problem until the past couple of weeks. I have no problem when entering the Co Route. I am using 32 bit XP. I do not have the FS9 version.Otherwise the MD-11 is great, as are all of my other PMDG planes. But this is frustrating.I could find only one other thread on this topic and it was for the FS9 version.Art StuartKABQ

Guest Stathis

Hi. I have the same problem (see topic below) but ONLY with routes envolving Greek airports. Strange really!

I have only tried it with American/American and American/Canadian combinations. I haven't tried it with any European or any other combinations.Art StuartKABQ