Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yahavl

one performance issue and one request

Hi, PMDG peopleFirst let me just say thank you for this incredible piece of software! :( I own the combo MD11 installed on a C2D 2.6 GHz machineWith 4 GB of ram an Nvidia GF8800gt cardAnd FS9.1 & FSX sp2Both have great performance!I would like to report one performance issue and one request with your permission (regarding FS9).1. When inserting VOR+CRS in the NAVRAD page with the course displaying on the NDThe simulations frame rate drops from 30fps to 18fps this was tried on ground while taxing2. As the performance information of this aircraft is being kept in secrecyAnd it is pretty much impossible to get ones hands on the required information to plan a safe flight, how about creating a simple takeoff calculator for runway length speeds and assumed temperatureBasically the all ready existing FMS program of the MD11Just with a different interface that would allow printing basic loading and performance information. It just feels weird guessing required takeoff run lengthWhen one is seating behind the controls of the most advanced airline simulation in the universe! :( Thanks! Yahav Lipinski

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,oh man - that would be so great if we could get such a calculator. Also any documents would be fine for manual calculations of the T/O perfomance (runway length/FLEX T/O etc.). I often do individual cargo things around the world using sometimes smaller airports. Then I want to know how much load I can pick up there and if that's all in the critical area do I have to wait for special meteorological conditions for T/O. I think that's it what makes it realisitc (besides that that absolutely incredible bird :( ).One more thing: I use FSBuild 2.3 for route calculations. But we know it has a tendency to set the wrong initial cruise level. So some performance charts for these things would be great, too.By the way: are the FMS T/O calculations serious? Do they really depend on the various values you would normally take into account for T/O calc?Thx!Denis

By the way: are the FMS T/O calculations serious? Do they really depend on the various values you would normally take into account for T/O calc?
My assumption is that with all passenger aeroplane flight management systems the calculations are "serious", but valid only for a balanced field and dry runway, meaning special runway characteristics or obstacles in the flight path are not taken into consideration.That is why pilots take this information from airport-specific tables which take into account these variables. And as so often these days, the tables come in the form of a computer program used on a laptop on the flight deck.TOPCAT will be perfect for this, if they manage to get MD-11 performance data from somewhere.rgds-Kyle

I have a registered copy of topcat and love it combined with the PMDG744.its the perfect supplement to this kind of simulation.only problem is topcat themselves have no excess to performance DATA of the MD11 :( if this was solved in house it would have been perfect :( It